Aspar Team’s Aron Canet was the quickest rider Wednesday, Day Two of a private, two-day Moto2 and Moto3 test, at Circuito de Jerez, in Spain.
Canet’s best lap time was 1:41.130.
The Moto2 Circuit Best Lap Record at Jerez is 1:41.109, which was set by Marcel Schrotter in 2020.
American Racing Team rider Marcos Ramirez was third-best on Wednesday with a time of 1:41.550.
Ramirez’s teammate, American Cameron Beaubier, did not ride on Day One, opting to save that test day (one of only seven private test days allowed) to learn Circuit de Catalunya – Barcelona ahead of the race there later in the season. Beaubier did, however, ride on Wednesday, recording a 14th-fastest 1:42.697 on his Kalex.
FIM Moto2 World Championship Private Test
Circuito de Jerez – Angel Nieto, Spain
March 10, 2021
Unofficial Best Test Lap Times (all using Triumph engines and Dunlop tires):
- Aron Canet, Spain (Speed Up), 1:41.130
2. Sam Lowes, UK (Kalex), 1:41.429
3. Marcos Ramirez, Spain (Kalex), 1:41.550
4. Bo Bendsneyder, Netherlands (Kalex), 1:41.784
5. Augusto Fernandez, Spain (Kalex), 1:41.893
6. Lorenzo Baldassarri, Italy (MV Agusta), 1:41.971
7. Thomas Luthi, Switzerland (Kalex), 1:41.992
8. Simone Corsi, Italy (MV Agusta), 1:42.008
9. Somkiat Chantra, Thailand (Kalex), 1:42.141
10. Marcel Schrotter, Germany (Kalex), 1:42.243
11. Tony Arbolino, Italy (Kalex), 1:42.483
12. Ai Ogura, Japan (Kalex), 1:42.538
13. Albert Arenas, Spain (Speed Up), 1:42.568
14. Cameron Beaubier, USA (Kalex), 1:42.697
15. Piotr Biesiekirski, Poland (Kalex), 1:44.056