Elf Marc VDS Racing Team rider Sam Lowes was the quickest rider Tuesday, Day One of a private, two-day Moto2 and Moto3 test, at Circuito de Jerez, in Spain.
Lowes’ best lap time was 1:41.641.
The Moto2 Circuit Best Lap Record at Jerez is 1:41.109, which was set by Marcel Schrotter in 2020.
American Racing Team rider Marcos Ramirez was third-best on Tuesday with a time of 1:41.791.
Ramirez’s teammate, American Cameron Beaubier, did not ride Tuesday. According to American Racing Team owner Eitan Butbul, each Moto2 rider is limited by rule to seven private testing days during the season. Because Beaubier has already tested at Jerez, the team decided for him to skip Tuesday and use that day in the future to test at a track unfamiliar to Beaubier.
Beaubier, the five-time MotoAmerica Superbike Champion, will ride Wednesday at Jerez, according to Butbul.
FIM Moto2 World Championship Private Test
Circuito de Jerez – Angel Nieto, Spain
March 9, 2021
Unofficial Best Test Lap Times (all using Triumph engines and Dunlop tires):
- Sam Lowes, UK (Kalex), 1:41.641
2. Simone Corsi, Italy (MV Agusta), 1:41.761
3. Marcos Ramirez, Spain (Kalex), 1:41.791
4. Marcel Schrotter, Germany (TK), 1:41.949
5. Bo Bendsneyder, Netherlands (Kalex), 1:41.955
6. Aron Canet, Spain (Speed Up), 1:41.988
7. Augusto Fernandez, Spain (Kalex), 1:42.072
8. Thomas Luthi, Switzerland (Kalex), 1:42.108
9. Somkiat Chantra, Thailand (Kalex), 1:42.521
10. Tony Arbolino, Italy (Kalex), 1:42.816
11. Albert Arenas, Spain (Speed Up), 1:42.834
12. Ai Ogura, Japan (Kalex), 1:42.875
13. Lorenzo Baldassarri, Italy (MV Agusta), 1:42.893
14. Tommaso Marcon, Italy (MV Agusta), 1:44.257
15. Piotr Biesiekirski, Poland (Kalex), 1:44.489