AHRMA Announces Search for Executive Director
(Elora, Tennessee), AHRMA is searching for a new Executive Director to handle day-to-day operations. This 3,400+ member not-for-profit motorcycle racing organization is replacing its highly regarded ED of 3 years. If you, or someone you know has an interest in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
- $70k salary
- $600 monthly insurance contribution
- $150 month toward cell phone and internet service
- Approximately 40 hours/week, not counting travel to events or working events.
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Trustees
Direct Reports: Membership Director, Communications Director, RR Director, DT Director, National OR Director
Job Overview: Planning, organizing, staffing, motivating and leading AHRMA in a manner that supports and achieves the goals established by the board of trustees by following AHRMA’s policies, procedures and rules. This role is considered the COO of the organization and is responsible for the day to day operations of AHRMA.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Day to day to operations of the association.
- Establish and maintain banking and professional relationships
- All financial functions of the organization.
- Annual trustee election process and external financial and tax reporting
- Attend Board of Trustee meetings and Executive Committee meetings
- Maintain event attendance reporting
- Assist membership office in membership retention
- Point of contact for membership on any question or concern brought forward
- Work with Race Directors on creation of schedule and contract review/approval
- Work with staff to secure sponsorships as needed for AHRMA race programs
- Monthly review of pre-print version of AHRMA MAG with Communications department
- Duties assigned and/or delegated by the Treasurer and Secretary of the Board of Trustees
- Billing and collection of advertising invoices in AHRMA MAG
- Point of contact for AHRMA’s investment accounts and reporting of such accounts
- Assemble annual operating budget
- Other duties as assigned
Educational Requirements: BS or BBA. Advanced degree preferred. PC literate. Experience with not-for-profit organizations a plus.
- Be able to sit 50% of the day.
- Be able to stand 50% of the day.
- Be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Use computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Some exposure to outside conditions is required.
NOTE: Please provide resume and cover letter in Word or .pdf format. The deadline to submit your resume with cover letter is November 16, 2021 at 5pm EST.
The American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association Ltd. is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to restoring and competing on classic motorcycles. With about 4000 members, AHRMA is the largest vintage racing group in North America and one of the biggest in the world. The association has grown steadily over the years, reflecting the increasing interest in classic bikes.