Dunlop is pleased to introduce the fifth generation of the Dunlop Sportmax family. The Dunlop Sportmax Q5 is a purpose-built, track-day tire that has been in the making for over 4 years. Evolving from a blend of the highly popular Sportmax Q4 and Dunlop’s cutting-edge MotoAmerica spec road race tires, the Q5 utilizes the very best technologies Dunlop has to offer for a track tire that is still street legal.
Having enhanced constructions, profiles, compounds and tread patterns, the Q5 is the new benchmark for track-day tires. The Q5 is even more user-friendly, as dry and wet grip, tire compliance, and warm-up times have all been improved.
Dunlop has also expanded the size range of the Q5 to include five additional sizes for increased bike fitments: 110/70ZR17, 140/70ZR17, 150/60ZR17, 160/60ZR17, and 200/60ZR17.
Key features of the all new Sportmax Q5:
- Sharply defined new tread pattern with lower groove density puts more rubber on the ground at all lean angles
- Optimized tread pattern design and position to aid in quicker warm-up times and improved wet-weather performance.
- Street-friendly performance— Tire warmers are not necessary for track use.
- Designed in five additional sizes for increased bike fitments: 110/70ZR17, 140/70ZR17, 150/60ZR17, 160/60ZR17, and 200/60ZR17.
- The front and rear tire profiles have a taller and narrower profile to improve turn-in and compliance while increasing the footprint and grip at camber.
- Front tire has reduced vertical stiffness to improve compliance and damping and increased lateral and longitudinal stiffness to improve braking and handling performance.
- The 140/70ZR17, 180/60ZR17, 200/55ZR17, and 200/60ZR17 utilize the exact same profiles as the race spec tires developed for the MotoAmerica series.
- The rear tires tread features Dunlop’s Jointless Tread (JLT) technology, the same process used in Dunlop’s racing slicks. JLT applies a continuously wound tread strip over the carcass to achieve the ideal stability, flex, and grip where it’s needed most across the tire’s tread profile.
- Improved compound to enhance the dry grip by adjusting the compound formula. The culmination of these changes puts the rear tire compound much closer to a true race tire compound.
- Dunlop’s proprietary Intuitive Response Profile (IRP) for ultra-linear and responsive steering.
- Proudly made in Dunlop’s Buffalo, NY factory on the same proprietary equipment as their road race tires.
The Sportmax Q5 will be sold through all Dunlop retailers, as well as race tire distributors, to be easily accessible to all street or track riders. Tires will be available in all channels beginning in November and December.