2020 KTM 390 ADVENTURE
MSRP: $6,199 USD/ $6,799 CAD
Satisfy your restless spirit with the new KTM 390 ADVENTURE. This compact single-cylinder travel-enduro machine has a sporty design attitude, with the comprehensive equipment and proven performance credentials of the KTM ADVENTURE range. A state-of-the-art, liquid cooled, single-cylinder, four-stroke 373.2 cc engine powers this agile machine perfectly into KTM’s world of ADVENTURE. The engine is equipped with an electric starter and achieves impressive peak power with incredibly punchy torque. Twin overhead camshafts, four valves and electronic fuel injection are integral to the KTM 390 ADVENTURE’s outstanding power and together with a balancer shaft, deliver the highest levels of smoothness. Its versatile ergonomics, smooth power delivery and innovative technology all come together in a comfortable, lightweight package built for those wanting to fit more adventure into their daily lives.
2020 KTM 390 ADVENTURE HIGHLIGHTS
- Extremely powerful single cylinder, 4-stroke, 373.2 cc DOHC engine, electronic fuel injection, 3-way catalytic converter and balancer shaft, PASC slipper clutch and a Ride-by-Wire throttle for a smoother and more refined response.
- State-of-the-art engine management system featuring the most modern electronic fuel injection system with a 46 mm throttle body.
- Lightweight, precision-crafted exhaust system, comprising of a stainless steel header pipe and pre-muffler, which flow perfectly into a slim silencer.
- Ultralight trellis frame strikes a forgiving balance of flex and stiffness and is designed for straight-line stability and agile and precise steering.
- Bolt-on trellis subframe is compact and lightweight, but strong enough to carry a passenger and luggage, while negotiating extreme terrain.
- Die-cast, open-lattice swingarm is a signature element of the KTM ADVENTURE range. It is precisely manufactured with an optimized stiffness, while still offering excellent flex characteristics. Its long design offers stability and the space needed for offroad tread.
- WP APEX 43 mm upside-down fork was originally developed for enduro riding and is the absolute leader when it comes to suspension in this class. It features a spring on both sides, but each fork leg has a separate function: compression damping is fitted on the left side, while rebound is on the right.
- Cutting-edge WP APEX shock absorber provides 177 mm of travel and is ideal for traveling long distances in tough conditions. Thanks to an adjustable spring preload and rebound damping, it can be fine-tuned to different situations.
- Extra robust cast wheels specifically designed for demanding terrain—19” front wheel and 17” rear wheel, both fitted with tubeless CONTINENTAL TKC 70 tires for a blend of street performance and offroad grip.
- High-quality BYBRE brakes featuring a large 320 mm front brake disc and a 230 mm rear disc work perfectly with a 4-piston radially mounted front caliper and a 2-piston floating rear caliper to provide the ideal mix of control and stopping power.
- Ergonomically designed fuel tank with impressive 14.5 liter (3.8 gallons) fuel capacity, together with its exceptional fuel economy, is set for more than 400 km (249 miles) of non-stop exploring on a full tank.
- High-end, tapered aluminum handlebar that importantly, provides a comfortable riding position and maximum control.
- Windshield profile that allows the rider to move around the bike freely and offers an unobstructed view directly in front of the bike, even when covered in dirt. It can also be mounted in a lower or higher position to suit the rider´s size or needs.
- State-of-the-art LED lights are used as the main headlight and taillight and offer great illumination and visibility while being compact and light.
- Multifunctional dashboard with full-color 5” TFT display is bright and clear and offers a configurable set up via the menu switch on the handlebar.
- Offroad ABS function improves braking control in offroad situations. In this mode, ABS is deactivated on the rear wheel, while ABS activation on the front wheel is reduced.
- Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) reduces the engine output with an extremely smooth, barely perceptible intervention if the rotational speed of the rear wheel is disproportionate to the speed of the engine, until the system has reduced slippage to manageable proportions for the current angle of lean.
- Cornering ABS system allows riders to always use the full power of their brakes, while the system adjusts brake pressure to match the lean angle of the motorcycle for more predictable braking across a range of situations.
- KTM MY RIDE comes as standard and allows for Bluetooth connection to control incoming calls and audio player through the full color TFT display.
- The KTM 390 ADVENTURE can optionally be equipped with a race-derived Quickshifter +. Up and down-shifts can be performed without the need to pull the clutch lever.
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, DOHC
Displacement: 373.2 cc
Bore/Stroke: 89/60 mm
Starter: Electric; 12V 8Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Bosch EFI, 46 mm Throttle Body
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: PASC Slipper Clutch, Mechanically Operated
Ignition: Bosch EMS with Ride-By-Wire
Frame: Steel Trellis
Subframe: Steel Trellis
Handlebar: Aluminum, Tapered, Ø 26/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP APEX USD Ø 43 mm
Rear Suspension: WP APEX Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 170 mm/ 6.7 in; 177 mm/ 6.9 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 320 mm/230 mm
Front/Rear Wheels: 2.50 x 19”, 3.50 x 17”
Front/Rear Tires: 100/90-19”; 130/80-17”
Steering Head Angle: 26.5º
Wheelbase: 1,430 mm ± 15.5 mm / 56.3 ± 0.6 in
Ground Clearance: 200 mm / 7.8 in
Seat Height: 855 mm / 33.6 in
Tank Capacity: 14.5 L / 3.8 gal
Dry Weight, Approx: 158 kg/ 348.3 lbs