Four-time AMA Superbike Champion Josh Hayes was the quickest rider in the opening practice for the 79th Daytona 200 Friday at Daytona International Speedway.
Riding his Dunlop-shod MP13 Racing Yamaha YZF-R6, 44-year-old Hayes lapped the 3.51-mile infield road course in 1:52.300. That time was more than one second faster than anyone else in the session.
The first qualifying session for the Daytona 200 is scheduled to happen at 10:50 a.m. local time Friday. A second qualifying session is scheduled at 12:30 p.m., and the third and final qualifying session is slated for 4:35 p.m. Eastern Time.
79th Daytona 200
AMA-Sanctioned ASRA Championship Series
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona Beach, Florida
March 13, 2020
Provisional Practice One Results:
- Josh Hayes (Yam YZF-R6), 1:52.300
- Tyler O’Hara (Kaw ZX-6R), 1:53.397
- Jason Farrell (Kaw ZX-6R), 1:53.622
- Ryan Jones (Kaw ZX-6R), 1:54.683
- Carl Soltisz (Yam YZF-R6), 1:55.204
- Brandon Paasch (Yam YZF-R6), 1:55.491
- Christian Miranda (Yam YZF-R6), 1:55.703
- Gene Buonomo (Yam YZF-R6), 1:56.212
- Max Angles (Yam YZF-R6), 1:56.330
- Darren James (Yam YZF-R6), 1:56.396