8 Hours of Sepang
FIM Endurance World Championship
Sepang International Circuit
December 11, 2019
Free Practice Results (drying conditions):
- Yamaha Sepang Racing (Franco Morbidelli/Hafizh Syahrin/Michael van der Mark), Yam YZF-R1, SBK, 2:18.637
- Webike SRC Kawasaki France (Jeremy Guarnoni/Erwan Nigon/David Checa), Kaw ZX-10RR, SBK, 2:18.770
- F.C.C. TSR Honda France (Josh Hook/Freddy Foray/Mike Di Meglio), Hon CBR1000RR, SBK, 2:19.187
- Tone RT SyncEdge 4413 BMW (Tomoya Hoshino/Kokoro Atsumi/Takeshi Ishizuka), BMW S1000RR, STK, 2:19.461
- YART – Yamaha (Broc Parkes/Marvin Fritz/Niccolo Canepa), Yam YZF-R1, SBK, 2:20.277
- TECMAS BMW GMC (Camille Hedelin/Alexis Masbou/David Perret), BMW S1000RR, SBK, 2:20.362
- BMW Sepang Racing (Aslan Shah/Adam Norrodin/Julien Da Costa), BMW S1000RR, SBK, 2:20.545
- Team 33 Coyote Louit Moto (Enzo Boulom/Christian Gamarino/Kevin Manfredi), Kaw ZX-10R, STK, 2:21.113
- Wojcik Racing Team (Gino Rea/Christoffer Bergman/Axel Maurin, Yam YZF-R1, SBK, 2:21.748
- MOTO AIN (Roberto Rolfo/Robin Mulhauser/Hugo Clere), Yam YZF-R1, STK, 2:21.786
- VRD Igol Pierret Experiences (Florian Alt/Florian Marino/Xavier Simone), Yam YZF-R1, SBK, 2:22.784
- BMW Motorrad World Endurance Team (Ilya Mykhalchyk/Markus Reiterberger/Kenny Foray), BMW S1000RR, SBK, 2:22.813
- 3ART – MOTO Team 95 (Mathieu Lussiana/Morgan Berchet/Alex Plancassagne), Yam YZF-R1, SBK, 2:23.251
- No Limits Motor Team (Luca Scassa/Christophe Kemmer/Luca Vitale), Suz GSX-R1000, STK, 2:23.580
- Team ERC Endurance (Ondrej Jezek/Randy De Puniet/Louis Rossi), Duc Panigale V4 R, SBK, 2:23.682
- Bertl K. Racing Team (Nicolas Thoni/Patrick Dangl/Lukas Walchhutter), BMW S1000RR, SBK, 2:23.803
- Team PlusOne (Taro Sekiguchi/Daisaku Sakai/Kousuke Nagoe), BMW S1000RR, SBK, 2:23.814
- Honda Asia-Dream Racing With Showa (Zaqhwan Zaidi/Andifarid Izdihar/Somkiat Chantra), Hon CBR1000RR, SBK, 2:24.091
- Motors Events (James Westmoreland/Dan Linfoot/Johan Nigon), Suz GSX-R1000, STK, 2:24.157
- Suzuki Endurance Racing Team (Vincent Philippe/Etienne Masson/Gregg Black), Suz GSX-R1000, SBK, 2:24.516
More, from a press release issued by Eurosport Events/FIM EWC Press Office:
YAMAHA SEPANG RACING TAKE BACK CONTROL
Yamaha Sepang Racing topped the timesheets in free practice at Sepang. The Malaysian team set the fastest lap ahead of Webike SRC Kawasaki France and F.C.C. TSR Honda France.
Following the private test dominated by F.C.C. TSR Honda France, Yamaha Sepang Racing got the upper hand in free practice this afternoon on their home territory in Sepang. On a track drying out after a storm, Hafizh Syahrin, the MotoGP rider and a star in Malaysia, clocked the fastest lap of the session, a 2:18.637, in the saddle of the Yamaha 21 with the Sepang International Circuit livery that he is riding with teammates Franco Morbidelli and Michael van der Mark.
Yamaha Sepang Racing were faster than Webike SRC Kawasaki France, who are beginning to find their feet on the 5.543-km circuit. The Kawasaki team – the 2018-2019 FIM EWC title holders – were ahead of F.C.C. TSR Honda France, who looked very comfortable on the track on this initial day of tests at the 8 Hours of Sepang.
The top Superstock team, Tone RT Syncedge 4413 BMW, were in 4th place in free practice. The Japanese team (the Superstock class winner at the 2019 Suzuka 8 Hours) proved faster than Team 33 Coyote Louit Moto and Moto Ain in the category.
YART Yamaha claimed 5th place ahead of Tecmas BMW GMC and BMW Sepang Racing. Tomorrow – Thursday – will be crucial in terms of preparing for the 8 Hours of Sepang, with the two qualifying sessions followed by the Top 10 Trial at the end of the day to reassign the top 10 spots on the grid. The fastest rider of each of the 10 best teams in qualifying will throw his hat back into the ring in the course of a flying lap.
Watch the Facebook Live video of the Top10 Trial on our social media.