Suzuki Launches the All-New 2023 V-STROM 800DE
Brea, CA (November 8, 2022) – The resounding success of the V-Strom product line has opened a new chapter with the all-new 2023 V-STROM 800DE line. A new product destined to advance a rider’s adventure. The growth and evolution of the V-STROM series has continued since the line’s introduction twenty years ago. The new 800 V-STROMs feature the same all-around capabilities as Suzuki’s recently launched V-STROM 1050DE, but in a smaller displacement bike, offering middleweight performance, precise handling, and a wide set of features.
The V-STROM’s enduring popularity since 2002 has resulted in strong global sales results. To date, worldwide sales have totaled more than 440,000 units. And now the all-new V-STROM 800DE is ready to break new ground once again.
With the all-new V-STROM 800DE, Suzuki focused on advancing a rider’s adventure, while delivering on the needs of a broader V-STROM customer base. In response to these demands, Suzuki engineers’ objective was to design the ideal adventure package, with engine and frame size optimized for spirited adventure riding. Offering features that advance pure riding excitement no matter the adventure. A new level of versatility and performance was the goal.
To realize these diverse needs, multiple optimization tests were fielded, and consumer feedback was analyzed and implemented to achieve a balance between several factors. The new V-STROM 800DE’s design and specs were finalized through this strategic and constructive process. Resulting in an ideal package for riders.
With the ideal package realized, the V-STROM 800DE features Suzuki’s brand-new parallel twin 776cc DOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder engine, a rugged new steel frame, the longest amount of suspension travel, and the tallest ground clearance of any V-STROM model ever.
Every aspect of the design is geared to satisfy riders demanding more power than a 650cc class bike may deliver, with the ability to tour comfortably, and confidently explore riding adventures no matter the road.
• New, compact 776cc parallel-twin engine uses a 270-degree firing order for strong torque delivery and is equipped with Suzuki’s exclusive Cross Balancer system for smooth operation.
• Equipped with the longest suspension and highest ground clearance of any V-Strom model, the V-STROM 800DE has a 21-inch front wheel for true off-road capability.
• The Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) includes Traction Control* with a trail-oriented GRAVEL mode plus rider-adjustable ABS** with two levels of sensitivity plus the ability to switch off the rear wheel ABS when riding off-road.
• New technology, Mono-focus LED headlights are vertically stacked with a position light below a trim, height-adjustable windscreen, while a multifunction full-color TFT instrument panel delivers a wealth of information.
• Visually stunning, the all-new angular bodywork retains Suzuki’s distinctive Adventure “beak” and is available in Champion Yellow No. 2 or Glass Matte Mechanical Gray topped with new, subtle graphics. The V-STROM 800DE Adventure is available in the popular Glass Sparkle Black color scheme.
2023 V-STROM 800DE / Adventure Models
The V-STROM 800DE’s is designed to “Advance Your Adventure.” This conveys the V-STROM 800DE makes every ride feel like an interesting adventure, the type of adventure riders find inspiring and fun, whether that ride is a simple commute, conquering a scenic fire road, or experiencing an epic cross-country tour.
The V-STROM 800DE builds on the solid legacy earned by other models in the V-STROM family yet offers something different for riders seeking more power and advanced features than on the V-STROM 650.
Highlighted V-STROM 800DE features include increased suspension travel and taller ground clearance, wide tapered aluminum handlebars, a uniquely shaped aluminum swingarm, a 21-inch front wheel, inverted front forks, and a color TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel. All advancing adventure seamlessly.
The V-STROM 800DE also features advanced electronic control systems such as Suzuki Drive Mode Selector, the Suzuki Traction Control System* with G (Gravel) mode, Rear ABS** OFF mode, and Suzuki’s Bi-directional Quick Shift system.
The concept is also clearly reflected in the V- STROM 800DE’s thoroughly modern and aggressive adventure styling.
New Parallel-Twin Engine:
• The new design 776cc parallel-twin DOHC engine delivers a superb balance of smooth controllable torque-rich power from low RPM and freely revs up to its peak power output.
• The 270-degree crankshaft configuration provides similar power delivery characteristics as the 90-degree V-twins used in other V-Strom models, while producing a unique and exciting exhaust note.
• The spaced nature of the engine’s power pulses enhances traction and contributes to strong power output at low speeds, making the V-STROM 800DE easier to control on forest roads and trails.
• Suzuki Cross Balancer technology, used for the first time on a production motorcycle, helps create a compact, lightweight design delivering smoother operation.
• The pistons were developed using FEM (Infinite Element Method) analysis to maximize strength and minimize weight.
• The 84mm cylinder bores inside the aluminum die-cast cylinders are plated using Suzuki’s Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) process. Originally developed for racing and proven on the track, the SCEM cylinder promotes better heat dissipation, reduces friction, and provides a wear-resistant seal to the pistons’ rings.
• Dual, linked 42mm electronic throttle bodies provide an authentic response and feel to the rider’s throttle operation further advancing the adventure experience.
• The V-STROM 800DE employs two ten-hole, long-nose, 49 PSI (343kpa) high-pressure-feed fuel injectors maximizing fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and lower fuel use.
• The 6.0L air cleaner box shape and intake pipe lengths were created using computer-aided design to help maximize peak power output plus stronger torque production at low engine speed. Positioned under the seat, the air box size and shape contribute to the V-STROM 800DE’s slim and compact chassis.
• The stainless-steel 2-into-1 exhaust system uses a high-flow, dual-stage catalytic converter inside the mid-pipe that helps satisfy worldwide emissions standards. A long, upswept muffler is attractive, provides a throaty exhaust note, and is well-positioned for accessory mounting.
• A large-capacity radiator effectively cools the V-STROM 800DE’s parallel twin. A thermostatically controlled cooling fan helps stabilize coolant temperatures at low speed and stops.
• The unique cooling system inlet control thermostat valve helps maintain consistent engine temperature and smooths the idle speed during warm-up. This helps stabilize combustion and contributes to reduced exhaust emissions.
• The V-STROM 800DE is also equipped with a lightweight, compact liquid-cooled oil cooler to help reduce oil temperatures for smooth and reliable engine operation. The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) helps reduce fatigue on long rides and increases smoother shifting.
SUZUKI Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) Features:
• A Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) that supports the rider in matching performance to the riding and road conditions, or the rider’s preferred riding style.
• In addition to its 3 standard mode settings (+ OFF), Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS) for the V-STROM 800DE introduces G (Gravel) mode as a fourth setting, designed to help riders better negotiate gravel roads and flat trails.
• Suzuki’s ride-by-wire electronic throttle control system offers throttle action that responds faithfully to the rider’s every input.
• Suzuki’s legendary and precise Bi-directional Quick Shift System (with ON/OFF settings) provides quicker, smoother, more assured shifting, without operating the clutch while in motion.
• The ABS system features a choice of two mode settings for differing road conditions, as well as a Rear ABS OFF mode, helping offer more rider control over braking on gravel.
• The Suzuki Easy Start System starts the engine with one quick press of the starter button.
• Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist function helps maintain engine idle speed for smoother and easier starts.
V-STROM 800DE Chassis:
• Designed around the new, compact parallel twin engine and constructed with rugged steel pipe, the V-STROM 800DE’s backbone style frame is engineered to provide the strength needed for excellent straight-line stability and nimble handling when negotiating rugged trails or touring at highway speeds.
• The engine is precisely fit into the frame to create a rigid chassis that also provides the compliance required for a variety of riding adventures.
• The removable steel sub-frame has a narrow seat rail width that results in a slim seat profile that helps riders control the motorcycle with their legs.
• The frame and engine package helps create an off-road friendly chassis geometry with a long wheelbase and rake, tall ground clearance, and a wide handlebar grip.
• The engine’s short length permits an ergonomic design that places the rider’s hip point further forward than it would be on a V-twin powered motorcycle. This enables riders to shift their weight forward to enhance control over rough terrain and when negotiating tight corners.
• Matched to the V-STROM 800DE’s chassis geometry and long suspension is a new, uniquely shaped aluminum swingarm that enhances vertical, lateral, and torsional rigidity to aid straight-line stability and controlled cornering.
• Developed exclusively for the V-STROM 800DE, the front fork and single-shock rear suspensions’ spring rate, valve, and piston settings tuned to maximize performance and comfort when riding on all surfaces, on- or off-road.
• With a long 8.7-inch (220mm) front fork suspension stroke and 8.7-inch (220mm) of rear wheel travel, this chassis has the most suspension travel ever available on a V-Strom model.
• The long travel suspension and the compact chassis net 8.7-inches (220mm) of ground clearance, the most of any V-Strom model.
• The side stand and optional center stand are both designed to match the motorcycle’s tall ground clearance.
• The SHOWA-supplied inverted style fork has adjustable spring preload plus both compression and rebound damping force adjustment so the suspension may be fine-tuned to match the rider’s preference or the riding conditions.
• Also supplied by SHOWA, the shock absorber in the link-type rear suspension has a remote gas reservoir to stabilize operation on rigorous or long rides.
• The shock absorber has a remote hydraulic preload adjuster so the spring rate may be adjusted quickly by hand when adding a passenger or cargo.
• In addition to the spring preload adjuster, the shock absorber also features adjustable compression and rebound damping force that may be tuned to match the conditions or rider preference.
• The V-STROM 800DE rides on sturdy spoke-style wheels and is equipped with a 21-inch front wheel for greater stability and better control off pavement. The rear 17-inch wheel accepts larger tires for better grip and ride compliance. Both wheels feature aluminum rims laced with stainless steel spokes that better absorb shock from irregular road surfaces.
• The new 90/90-21 front and 150/70R17 rear Dunlop TRAILMAX MIXTOUR tires feature a new semi-block tread pattern with long, straight diagonal grooves to provide traction off-road while reducing sound on paved roads.
• The aggressive-looking tread features wider, deeper grooves exclusive to the V-STROM 800DE that help achieve an optimal balance between on-road handling and longevity, and nimble handling on unpaved trails.
• The wheels are tube-type to provide the tires ample support for aggressive riding on paved and unpaved surfaces.
• Suzuki selected brake components best suited to the V-STROM 800DE’s suspension and spoke-style wheels to provide controlled stopping power whether on the road or out on the trail
• The front brakes use a pair of strong, but lightweight dual-piston NISSIN-supplied front brake calipers grasping 310mm floating-mount discs.
• The front calipers are axial mounted to provide ample clearance to the front wheel’s spokes while allowing for strong and light axle holders at the bottom of each fork leg.
• The rear brake combines a single-piston, slide-pin style NISSIN caliper with a 260mm disc, providing the rider with precise braking control and aiding low-speed maneuvering.
• Compact Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)** monitors wheel speed to match braking to available traction.
• The rider can select from two levels of ABS sensitivity and can elect to switch off the rear wheel’s ABS function for off-road use (see the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) section for more information).
• The V-STROM 800DE has a wide tapered handlebar cast in strong yet flexible aluminum that allows it to flex and absorb shock when riding on unpaved surfaces. In addition, the wider grip position helps provide enhanced control, particularly when standing on the foot pegs to negotiate rough terrain.
• In addition to the practical purpose of helping shield the rider’s hands from the elements as well as flying stones, the standard equipment hand guards signal the V-STROM 800DE’s adventure capability.
• Both the clutch and front brake levers have adjustment knobs so the rider may quickly set them to a comfortable reach. The shifter and rear brake pedal may also be adjusted to the rider’s preference.
• The mirrors’ design complements the V-STROM 800DE’s styling while proving an excellent view of objects behind the rider.
• Wide, steel footrests help the rider comfortably maneuver the V-STROM 800DE on diverse types of roads. Rubber inserts damp vibration but may be removed, providing the rider’s boots with even more grip on the pegs.
• Designed for performance and comfort, the one-piece seat is built upon a strong, but lightweight base that helps keep seat height reasonable. The seat bottom, dense foam, and slip-resistant cover stand up to rigorous use while still providing all-day touring comfort for the rider and passenger.
• The fuel tank has a generous 5.3-gallon (20L) capacity but is shaped to be thin at the rear to flow into the slim seat, which aids the rider in touching the ground at stops.
• The internal construction and cap of the fuel tank were engineered so the gasoline capacity is the same for both the 49-state and California versions.
• The modest windscreen is designed to maximize the rider’s visibility when riding on roads or trails. Developed through wind tunnel testing, the windscreen deflects wind blast and sounds away from the rider.
• The windscreen’s mount provides for 3-step height adjustment that may be set in 0.6-inch (15mm) increments (using a hex-type tool).
• The lightweight resin luggage rack incorporates easy-to-grasp grab bars and aligns with the passenger section of the seat, offering a larger surface for carrying cargo or luggage.
• The cargo section of the rack was designed to make the installation of a Suzuki Genuine Accessory top case simple and secure.
• A new, standard item is a mesh guard to protect the radiator from flying stones and other debris when riding on the trail.
• The V-STROM 800DE features a plastic undercover. This polyethylene skid plate provides engine and exhaust protection with minimal resistance when riding over rocks and rough terrain.
V-STROM 800DE Electric Equipment:
• A custom 5-inch color TFT LCD multi-function instrument panel features a clearly legible display offering a wide array of information including:
Instant fuel consumption
ABS rear OFF mode
Dual trip meter
Traction control mode
Quick Shift (ON/OFF)
Engine rpm indicator
Service reminder via a Pop-Up Display
Average fuel consumption (1&2)
• Vertically stacked LED headlights in hexagonal housings help provide a clear view of the road ahead and are topped by an LED position light helping to create a bold presence.
• Compact LED position lights, turn signals and a LED taillight help ensure clear visibility and practical durability.
• A convenient USB port is built into the left side of the instrument panel to power a rider’s additional electronic accessories or smartphones.
V-STROM 800DE / Adventure Styling:
• V-STROM 800DE styling aims to set a new Suzuki styling trend and usher in a new era of functional beauty symbolizing the future of Suzuki design while paying full respect to the distinctive style of its V-STROM heritage.
• The distinctive V-STROM “beak” is positioned higher to convey the extended suspension stroke and the model’s ability to handle off-road terrain like flat gravel roads and trails.
• The headlight, rear combination light, and distinctive V-Strom exhaust system accentuate the image of readiness to excel off-road.
• Dynamic body graphics and colors that create an iconic, distinctive V-STROM presence
New 2023 Suzuki V-STROM 800DE Adventure
New 2023 Suzuki V-STROM 800DE
The Champion Yellow No. 2 color scheme on the V-STROM 800DE and the Glass Sparkle Black paint on the V-STROM 800DE Adventure model have gold-anodized aluminum rims while the Glass Matte Mechanical Gray color on the V-STROM 800DE has black-anodized rims.
Suzuki Genuine Accessories Available for the 2023 V-STROM 800DE / Adventure:
Suzuki has a wide range of Genuine Suzuki Accessories specially developed so riders may personalize their V-STROM 800DE to their personal style and advance their riding by enhancing comfort, utility, protection, and appearance. This comprehensive list of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for the all-new V-STROM 800DE include:
Aluminum Top Case: Aluminum top case embossed with SUZUKI logo. Available in Silver (anodized) and Black (powder coated). Maximum load 3kg and case capacity 38L. Requires Top Case Carrier set for installation.
LED Fog Lamps: Bright, durable LED fog lamps mount firmly to the accessory bar, helping improve visibility and enhancing the off-road appearance.
High Screen: This optional high screen is designed to offer a significantly higher level of wind protection enhancing rider comfort on long rides. (80mm taller than the standard screen).
Center Stand: Helps bring the V-STROM 800DE to a safe and stable standing position when parked or for bike maintenance.
Aluminum Side Case Set: Aluminum side case set embossed with the SUZUKI logo. Available in Silver (anodized) and Black (powder coated). Maximum load 3kg and case capacity 37L each.
Accessory Bar: Fits the stylish V-STROM 800DE body colors providing a unique touring look. Required for installing optional LED fog lamps.
Aluminum Skid Plate: A tough-looking skid plate to enhance both off-road readiness and styling.
Grip Heaters: Heats the entire grip surface while offering three different heat level settings to help keep riders’ hands warm on chilly weather rides.
Low Seat: For riders wanting a lower seat, this low seat provides a 20 mm lower seat height than the standard V-STROM 800DE seat.
High Seat: For riders seeking a higher seat, the optional high seat provides a 30 mm higher seat height than the standard V-STROM 800DE seat.
Plastic Top Case: Gives V-STROMs road touring look and 35L of capacity, using a one-key system using the ignition key. Required Plastic Top Case Carrier Set for installation.
Passenger Cushion For Plastic Top Case: Helps improve riding comfort for the V-Strom 800DE passenger.
Plastic Side Case Set: Using a one-key system with the ignition and offering up to 26L (right) and 29L (left) of capacity. Requires optional upper and lower side case bracket and lock set.
Large Plastic Top Case: Embossed with the iconic S logo. Lock and key included. Cannot be used with a side case set. Maximum case capacity 56L. Requires Large Plastic Top Case Carrier set for installation.
Height Adjustable Brake Pedal: Provides adjustable brake pedal height, adjustment,10 mm higher versus the standard pedal
Mirror Extensions: Helps optimize rear visibility for certain riders, raises mirrors 50 mm compared to standard. Extensions are also adjustable to provide up to 40mm horizontal adjustment. Spacer set is required for installation.
Fuel Cap Protection Decal: Protects fuel caps from scratches. Black or carbon-fiber look decals are available.
Fuel Tank Protection Decals: Helps protect against fuel tank scratches in high-wear areas.
Fuel Tank Pad: Enhances fuel tank scratch protection, featuring the distinctive V-STROM logo.
Navigation Bracket: Navigation bracket with damping system for installing accessory GPS systems on the center of the handlebar.
Under Seat DC Socket: Provides a convenient power source for a variety of 12V powered gear like heated apparel, etc.
Each 2023 V-STROM 800DE model is ready for the adventure ride almost any rider seeks. With a rare combination of off-road performance, riding versatility, and value, the V-STROM 800DE sets a new standard for a mid-sized adventure bike. After all, with the V-STROM 800DE Adventure is its Purpose.
Note: SUZUKI MOTOR CORPORATION reserves the right to add any improvement to change the design or to discontinue any Suzuki Genuine Accessories at any time without notice. Some Suzuki Genuine Accessories might not be compatible with local standards or statutory requirements. Please check with your local AUTHORIZED SUZUKI DEALER for details at the time of ordering.
*The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip
**Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.