Monster Energy Attack Performance Yamaha’s Jake Gagne was the fastest rider during MotoAmerica HONOS Superbike warm-up Sunday morning at Road America with a lap time of 2:12.390 on his YZF-R1.
Race One winner Cameron Beaubier, meanwhile, was unable to do any flying laps because his Monster Energy Attack Performance Yamaha shut off while he was on track early in the session. Beaubier pulled off the track, was able to restart his machine, rode back to the pits, but his team was not able to resolve his issue before the 15-minute session ended.
In an interview on MotoAmerica Live+, Beaubier’s crew chief Richard Stanboli said it looked like “an electrical shut off” had occurred and he and his team had plenty of time to find and fix the issue. Beaubier, however, will only have a sighting lap and a warm-up to confirm that his bike is good to go.
MotoAmerica HONOS Superbike Race Two is scheduled to start just after 1:00 p.m. Central Time Sunday to make a live TV window on FOX Sports 1 (FS1) preceding the NASCAR race at Bristol Motor Speedway, which begins at 2:30 p.m. Central Time.
MotoAmerica Superbikes at Road America
MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Racing Series
Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
May 31, 2020
HONOS Superbike Warm-Up Results (all on Dunlop tires):
- Jake Gagne (Yam YZF-R1), 2:12.390
- Toni Elias (Suz GSX-R1000R), 2:12.502
- Bobby Fong (Suz GSX-R1000R), 2:12.891
- Mathew Scholtz (Yam YZF-R1), 2:12.930
- Kyle Wyman (Duc Panigale V4 R), 2:13.870
- PJ Jacobsen (Duc Panigale V4 R), 2:14.383*
- David Anthony (Suz GSX-R1000R), 2:14.741
- Jake Lewis (BMW S1000RR), 2:16.338
- Cameron Petersen (Suz GSX-R1000R), 2:16.679*
- Josh Herrin (BMW S1000RR), 2:16.953
- Travis Wyman (BMW S1000RR), 2:17.933*
- Bradley Ward (Kaw ZX-10R), 2:18.005
- Corey Alexander (Kaw ZX-10R), 2:18.796*
- Max Flinders (Yam YZF-R1), 2:19.954
- Danilo Lewis (BMW S1000RR), 2:20.593*
- Joseph Giannotto (Kaw ZX-10R), 2:20.861*
- Jeremy Coffey (BMW S1000RR), 2:22.113
- Ashton Yates (Hon CBR1000RR SP2), 2:24.083*
- Cameron Beaubier (Yam YZF-R1), 2:43.354
- Sam Verderico (Yam YZF-R1), 10:56.828
*Stock 1000/Superbike Cup entry