MWGP Announces their NEW Formula 15 Class
Any motorcycle 15 years or older by model/engine year (or like construction), except for singles, which have no age restriction. FORMULA rules, no fuel or tire restrictions. Overall points eligible.
The idea is a performance index class that pits all kinds of bikes and riders on the track at the same time that have roughly a balanced set of advantages against each other. As MotoWest GP’s class structure has simplified greatly in 2016, this is a catch-all class for many experienced racers as well as those just getting into budget minded new racers.
The emphasis is on AFFORDABLE RACING that removed the biggest barrier to full grids. Race bikes that are fifteen years old or more are generally cheap and plentiful and relatively easy to maintain and singles and two-stroke race bikes have significant relative strengths that keep racing interesting for both riders and spectators!
MWGP status competition Formula 15 Qualifications:
• UNLIMITED! (ex: 1st gen Yamaha R1, Ducati 996, Honda RC51, Turbo Hayabusa)
• Any MIDDLEWEIGHT legal bike
• 650cc 4 stroke MULTI (ex: Kawasaki 636, Honda CBR600)
• 900cc 4 stroke TWIN (ex: Ducati 900SS, Ducati 748, 1st gen Suzuki SV650)
• All SINGLES
• All 2 stroke
• Any LIGHTWEIGHT legal bike
• 450cc 4 stroke MULTI (Yamaha FZR400, Honda NC35)
• 650cc 4 stroke TWINS (Suzuki SV650, Honda Hawk)
• All 4 stroke SINGLES (Moto3, KTM RC 390, Honda CBR300R, Super Motard, Honda Ascot)
• 400cc 2 strokes (Bikes larger than 250cc must be street model) (Yamaha TZR125, Honda RS125, Yamaha RZ 350, Honda NSR250)
MotoWest would like for racers to gain insight into what “Clubman” means for Formula 50.
FORMULA 50 “CLUBMAN”
(Note: Points earned in this class do not go to overall)
• Formula rules
• Unlimited displacement
• Riders must be 50 years of age or more on race day
• All clubman means, is that this particular race is a series of its own. The points earned by participants in this class will not count towards your overall MWGP race points. Formula 50 will be awarded a Formula 50 class champion trophy at the off season!!
To sign up with MWGP, first download the 2016 annual membership form. Once filled out, email the form to [email protected] Alternatively you can mail the signed forms to the following address below.
6859 VALJEAN AVE. UNIT#10
VAN NUYS, CA 91406
More information will follow on how and where to register for Round 1 with MWGP on February 27th to 28th at Willow Springs International Raceway (Big Track) 2.5 mile course.