KTM Announces RC 390 Racebike
Murrieta, CA – KTM Motorsports is excited to announce important details about the race competition KTM RC 390 Cup Racebike that will be available for purchase for participants of the 2015 RC Cup Series, a five-round series in conjunction with the 2015 MotoAmerica Racing Series.
The highly-anticipated RC Cup Series will allow riders between the ages of 14-22 years old holding an AMA Superstock Limited license to participate. All riders must race aboard 2015 KTM RC 390 Cup Racebikes. These motorcycles are designed as racing competition bikes (not street-legal) and have been prepared by KTM with over 40 PowerParts and other enhancements to increase racing performance. Some of the new features include:
- -Fully adjustable WP Racing Fork
- -Fully adjustable WP Racing Rear Shock with high/low speed compression and rebound damping, adjustable preload and adjustable shock length
- -Titanium Akrapovic Exhaust
- -Racing Windshield, Tail Fairing and Belly Pan
- -RC8 R-style Throttle Assembly
- -CNC-machined Racing Foldable Levers
- -CNC-machined Racing Rear Sets
Each RC Cup Racebike has been dyno-tested and tuned to 38 hp. To maintain competitive parity, the engine is sealed and may only be serviced by KTM’s trackside partner HMC Racing. Modified street-legal RC 390’s will not qualify for participation in the MotoAmerica KTM RC Cup Series but will be allowed in regional racing.
KTM’s partnership with HMC Racing will add a benefit to all riders during the racing weekend, as HMC will provide the following services to race participants:
- -KTM HMC semi-truck will be present at each event to provide a relaxing hospitality area for participants
- -The KTM HMC technicians will provide technical assistance and have parts available for purchase if needed as part of the trackside service program
- -KTM HMC technicians will provide a motorcycle safety check on motorcycles prior to the race and will help MotoAmerica regulate the validity of all race units to maintain motorcycle parity throughout the race series
- -Professional KTM HMC SuperBike racer, Chris Fillmore, will attend each event and offer guidance to each young participant
KTM will offer a contingency platform for the top five in each race, with the following payout structure:
1st – $500.00
2nd – $400.00
3rd – $300.00
4th – $200.00
5th – $100.00
The RC Cup Racebike will be priced at $9,999 (USD) MSRP and bikes will be available in limited quantities for pre-order from January 19th to February 15th and will be delivered to dealers in mid-April. To request a KTM RC Cup Racebike, a rider will need to visit a participating KTM dealership, provide a refundable $1,000 deposit and provide a copy of their AMA Road Racing Superstock Limited license or license application. RC Cup Racebikes will be available on a first come, first serve basis with limited availability.
For more detail on the license eligibility, please visit: http://americanmotorcyclist.com/Racing/RoadRacing/RoadRacingLicense.aspx.