American Brandon Paasch is not competing at Snetterton this weekend as the British Motostar class is not part of the event.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship
Snetterton Circuit, Scotland
July 19, 2019
Free Practice Two Results (all on Pirelli tires):
1. Scott Redding, UK (Duc Panigale V4 R), 1:48.256
2. Tarran Mackenzie, UK (Yam YZF-R1), 1:48.506
3. Peter Hickman, UK (BMW S1000RR), 1:49.228
4. Tommy Bridewell, UK (Duc Panigale V4 R), 1:49.382
5. Andrew Irwin, UK (Hon CBR1000RR SP2), 1:49.396
6. Jason O’Halloran, Australia (Yam YZF-R1), 1:49.601
7. Luke Mossey, UK (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:49.644
8. Danny Buchan, UK (Kaw ZX-10RR), 1:49.702
9. Dan Linfoot, UK (Yam YZF-R1), 1:49.823
10. Hector Barbera, Spain (Kaw ZX-10RR), 1:49.842
11. Josh Brookes, Australia (Duc Panigale V4 R), 1:50.018
12. Michael Laverty, UK (BMW S1000RR), 1:50.065
13. Xavi Fores, Spain (Hon CBR1000RR), 1:50.158
14. Luke Stapleford, UK (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:50.227
15. Josh Elliott, UK (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:50.340
16. Joe Francis, UK (BMW S1000RR), 1:50.351
17. Bradley Ray, UK (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:50.730
18. Christian Iddon, UK (BMW S1000RR), 1:50.782
19. Claudio Corti, Italy (Kaw ZX-10RR), 1:51.133
20. Ryan Vickers, UK (Kaw ZX-10RR), 1:51.180
21. Ben Currie, Australia (Kaw ZX-10RR), 1:51.202
22. David Allingham, UK (Yam YZF-R1), 1:51.301
23. Matt Truelove, UK (Yam YZF-R1), 1:52.306
24. James Ellison, UK (BMW S1000RR), 1:52.320
25. Dean Harrison, UK (Kaw ZX-10RR), 1:52.730
26. Shaun Winfield, UK (Yam YZF-R1), 1:52.875
27. Dean Hipwell, UK (Kaw ZX-10RR), 1:53.170
28. Danny Kent, UK (MV Agusta F4 1000), 1:53.554
29. Sam Coventry, UK (Kaw ZX-10RR), 1:54.349
More, from a press release issued by MotorSport Vision Racing:
Redding lands top spot ahead of Mackenzie in Snetterton free practice
Scott Redding set the benchmark on the opening day of free practice at Snetterton; firing the Be Wiser Ducati to the top of the times as the Bennetts British Superbike Championship returned to Norfolk.
Championship leader Redding had edged ahead in the opening practice and then followed it up by posting the fastest lap of the weekend in free practice two, narrowly holding the edge over Tarran Mackenzie by 0.250s at the chequered flag when light rain fell in the final minutes.
Peter Hickman surged up the times in the final minutes to move third for the Smiths Racing BMW team as Tommy Bridewell also made improvements in the closing stages of the session to leap into fourth for Oxford Racing Ducati.
Andrew Irwin had a strong start to his weekend, making Honda the fourth different manufacturer in the top five as he nudged out Jason O’Halloran, who again missed part of the session with a technical problem.
Local contender Luke Mossey was seventh and the leading Suzuki for the OMG Racing team after his final stint left him ahead of FS3-Racing Kawasaki’s Danny Buchan and Dan Linfoot, who had been in the top three for this morning’s opening session.
Hector Barbera had an impressive debut at Snetterton; ending the opening day in the top ten for the Quattro Plant – JG Speedfit Kawasaki team, narrowly ahead of Josh Brookes and Michael Laverty.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Snetterton, Free Practice 1:
Scott Redding (Be Wiser Ducati) 1m:48.817s
Peter Hickman (Smiths Racing BMW) +0.216s
Dan Linfoot (Santander Salt TAG Yamaha) +0.830s
Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +0.839s
Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +1.012s
Danny Buchan (FS3-Racing Kawasaki) +1.120s
Luke Mossey (OMG Racing Suzuki) +1.168s
Luke Stapleford (Buildbase Suzuki) +1.439s
Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Racing Ducati) +1.549s
Josh Brookes (Be Wiser Ducati) +1.954s
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Snetterton, Free Practice 2:
Scott Redding (Be Wiser Ducati) 1m:48.256s
Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +0.250s
Peter Hickman (Smiths Racing BMW) +0.972s
Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Racing Ducati) +1.126s
Andrew Irwin (Honda Racing) +1.140s
Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +1.345s
Luke Mossey (OMG Racing Suzuki) +1.388s
Danny Buchan (FS3-Racing Kawasaki) +1.446s
Dan Linfoot (Santander Salt TAG Yamaha) +1.567s
Hector Barbera (Quattro Plant – JG Speedfit Kawasaki) +1.586s
For more information on the Bennetts British Superbike Championship visit www.britishsuperbike.com
Scott Redding – Be Wiser Ducati
Fastest in free practice
“It’s been a good start with free practice at Snetterton and the track is unbelievable! I had so much fun out there, I felt very good and very relaxed.
“We did a few little things on the bike today, but nothing crazy we were just working with the gearing to understand what works better.
“The weather held out for us too which was really good to get the laps in and I’m looking forward to tomorrow. I’m just happy to be back on the bike, we had a break and now we are back – I’m definitely smiling and enjoying it.