Apr 26, 2013
© 2014, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
FIM Supersport World Championship
April 26, 2013
Qualifying Session One Results (wet conditions, all on Pirelli tires):
1. Andrea ANTONELLI, Italy (Kawasaki ZX-6R), 2:04.455
2. Christian IDDON, UK (MV Agusta F3 675), 2:04.540
3. Mathew SCHOLTZ, South Africa (Suzuki GSX-R600), 2:04.562
4. Kenan SOFUOGLU, Turkey (Kawasaki ZX-6R), 2:04.818
5. Michael VD MARK, Netherlands (Honda CBR600RR), 2:04.944, crash
6. Alex BALDOLINI, Italy (Honda CBR600RR), 2:05.091
7. Roberto ROLFO, Italy (MV Agusta F3 675), 2:05.302
8. Raffaele DE ROSA, Italy (Honda CBR600RR), 2:05.673
9. Vladimir LEONOV, Russia (Yamaha YZF-R6), 2:05.823
10. Gabor TALMACSI, Hungary (Honda CBR600RR), 2:06.260
11. Lorenzo ZANETTI, Italy (Honda CBR600RR), 2:06.575
12. Luca MARCONI, Italy (Honda CBR600RR), 2:06.630
13. Alex SCHACHT, Denmark (Honda CBR600RR), 2:06.789
14. Riccardo RUSSO, Italy (Kawasaki ZX-6R), 2:06.798
15. Jack KENNEDY, Ireland (Honda CBR600RR), 2:07.000
16. Luca SCASSA, Italy (Kawasaki ZX-6R), 2:07.340, crash
17. Mitchell CARR, Australia (Triumph Daytona 675R), 2:07.987
18. Balazs NEMETH, Hungary (Honda CBR600RR), 2:08.250, crash
19. Kev COGHLAN, UK (Kawasaki ZX-6R), 2:08.606
20. Matt DAVIES, Australia (Honda CBR600RR), 2:08.660, crash
21. Sheridan MORAIS, South Africa (Honda CBR600RR), 2:08.951
22. Vladimir IVANOV, Russia (Kawasaki ZX-6R), 2:10.872
23. Massimo ROCCOLI, Italy (Yamaha YZF-R6), 2:10.910
24. Kevin VAN LEUVEN, Netherlands (Yamaha YZF-R6), 2:11.086
25. David LINORTNER, Austria (Honda CBR600RR), 2:11.162
26. Dino LOMBARDI, Italy (Yamaha YZF-R6), 2:11.747
27. Sam LOWES, UK (Yamaha YZF-R6), 2:12.047
28. Roberto TAMBURINI, Italy (Suzuki GSX-R600), 2:12.653
29. Nacho CALERO PEREZ, Spain (Honda CBR600RR), 2:15.046, crash
30. Florian MARINO, France (Kawasaki ZX-6R), 2:15.568
31. Fabio MENGHI, Italy (Yamaha YZF-R6), 2:16.452, crash
32. Yves POLZER, Austria (Honda CBR600RR), 2:19.154
33. Eduard BLOKHIN, Russia (Honda CBR600RR), 2:39.042
More, from a press release issued by PTR Honda:
IN full wet weather, PTR Honda's Luca Marconi continued his recent run of good form by provisionally qualifying in 12th ahead of Sunday's third round of the World Supersport Championship.
Luca had taken fourth in the tricky morning damp session and relishes the wetter weather.
Rookie Matt Davies was next up in 20th, showing good skill and wet weather riding in his third race for the team. His fellow rookie Nacho Calero was not so lucky and missed much of the session after a crash, leaving him 29th
Sheridan Morais, coming from a runner-up spot at the Bol d'Or last weekend, was 21st. David Linortner, another rookie, was 25th in the difficult wet weather conditions
There are further practice and qualifying sessions tomorrow before the race on Sunday 28th April at 1330CET
Simon Buckmaster, PTR Honda Team Manager, said: "We have experienced problems before in the cold and wet and it is an area we need to improve the rear of the bike. I am not greatly concerned and we will work with Bitubo and be in a better position tomorrow
"Despite the rear end problems Luca continues to do well and is in provisional 12th. We will work on the set up of our bikes and improve."
More, from a press release issued by Pata Honda Supersport Team:
Steady opening for Pata Honda Supersport team
Michael van der Mark and Pata Honda team-mate Lorenzo Zanetti finished fifth eleventh respectively in today’s opening qualifying session for the third round World Supersport championship race at Assen in The Netherlands.
In cold, wet and thoroughly miserable conditions at the 4.542km circuit, both Pata Honda riders sat out most of this morning’s free practice session, completing only three laps between them on their CBR600RR machines.
At his home race, Dutch flyer van der Mark, who currently sits in second place in the championship standings, crashed unhurt early in this afternoon’s qualifying session but was able to rejoin after his crew had repaired his bike.
Zanetti continued to experience new conditions in his debut World Supersport season, the Italian looking for more progress in tomorrow’s predicted drier weather.
Michael van der Mark – P5, 2m04.944s
Yes, it was a little bit difficult today! It was wet, the track was too cold and we missed the grip. This morning was difficult because the track was drying and we didn’t want to destroy some tyres because in these conditions we have nothing to gain, but at the end I did some laps to check if the bike was OK. The qualifying session was completely wet and I went out with a good feeling but after 10 minutes I entered a corner and lost the rear because there was no grip so I had a little crash. The guys fixed the bike pretty fast and when I went out I had a good feeling again but it was really difficult. It was too cold today and there was not enough grip. But in the end we are in P5 and I think we have to be quite happy about this.
Lorenzo Zanetti – P11, 2.06.575s
It’s been a strange day because the weather is not so good. But it’s important for me to get confident with the track, especially on the bike in these conditions. I’ll just drive to get a good feeling on the bike but ended in eleventh position. I’m not so happy but it’s not so bad for the first day.
Pieter Breddels – technical co-ordinator
In the morning we just did a few laps because it was raining. It continued this afternoon but as it was qualifying we went out and did some more laps to get a feeling and a rhythm for the wet. Michael had a small crash but he was unhurt and back on track with 20 minutes left. He was steadily improving and ended up fifth but the gap is very small so it was a good job. Lorenzo managed to get eleventh and considering he is new to the bike here and to these conditions it was a pretty good.