Sep 28, 2013
© 2017, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
eni FIM Superbike World Championship: Sylvain Guintoli (50).
eni FIM Superbike World Championship
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
September 28, 2013
Final Qualifying Results, After Superpole (all on Pirelli tires):
From Superpole Knockout Session Three:
1. Sylvain Guintoli, France (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), 1:22.683*
2. Tom Sykes, UK (Kawasaki ZX-10R), 1:22.698
3. Eugene Laverty, Ireland (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), 1:22.728, crash
4. Niccolo Canepa, Italy (Ducati 1199 Panigale R), 1:22.824
5. Chaz Davies, UK (BMW S1000RR), 1:23.040
6. Davide Giugliano, Italy (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), 1:23.353
7. Marco Melandri, Italy (BMW S1000RR), 1:23.363
8. Jules Cluzel, France (Suzuki GSX-R1000), 1:24.079
9. Ayrton Badovini, Italy (Ducati 1199 Panigale R), 1:24.789
From Superpole Knockout Session Two:
10. Roger Hayden, USA (Suzuki GSX-R1000), 1:24.133
11. Danny Eslick, USA (Suzuki GSX-R1000), 1:24.153
12. Leon Haslam, UK (Honda CBR1000RR), no time recorded in Superpole Two
From Superpole Knocout Session One:
13. Michel Fabrizio, Italy (Honda CBR1000RR), 1:24.212
14. Mark Aitchison, Australia (Kawasaki ZX-10R), 1:24.364
15. Toni Elias, Spain (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), 1:24.456
The Rest of the Grid:
16. David Salom, Spain (Kawasaki ZX-10R), 1:25.449
17. Blake Young, USA (Suzuki GSX-R1000), 1:25.661
18. Federico Sandi, Italy (Kawasaki ZX-10R), 1:25.668
19. Vittorio Iannuzzo, Italy (BMW S1000RR), 1:25.975
20. Glenn Allerton, Australia (BMW S1000RR), 1:26.735
*new Circuit Best Lap Record
More, from a press release issued by SBK Press Office:
Maiden Tissot-Superpole of the season for Sylvain Guintoli
Laguna Seca (US), Saturday 28 September 2013 – The Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca hosted today one of the most challenging Tissot-Superpole of the season, that was won by Sylvain Guintoli (Aprilia Racing Team) at the very last minute thanks to a 1'22.683 lap-time, new Best Lap for the track. The Frenchman – who scored his second ever Superpole, first one this year - edged out Championship leader Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) by just 0.015s, while other works Aprilia rider Eugene Laverty had to settle for third, after crashing at Turn 3 in the final stages.
Fourth place Niccolò Canepa (Team Ducati Alstare) will share the second row of the grid with Chaz Davies (BMW Motorrad GoldBet) and Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing Apriila), while Davies' team mate Marco Melandri will start the two races – the first one scheduled for today at 2pm local time – from seventh place.
Times: 1. Guintoli (Aprilia) 1'22.683 average 157.179 kph; 2. Sykes (Kawasaki) 1'22.698; 3. Laverty (Aprilia) 1'22.728; 4. Canepa (Ducati) 1'22.824; 5. Davies (BMW) 1'23.040; 6. Giugliano (Aprilia) 1'23.353; 7. Melandri (BMW) 1'23.363; 8. Cluzel (Suzuki) 1'24.079; 9. Badovini (Ducati) 1'24.789; 10. Hayden (Suzuki); 11. Eslick (Suzuki); 12. Haslam (Honda); 13. Fabrizio (Honda); 14. Aitchison (Kawasaki) 1'24.364; 15. Elias (Aprilia).