Nov 12, 2010
© 2016, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
8 Hours of Doha qualifications
BMP Elf 99 took the best ahead of SERT and Yamaha France GMT 94 Ipone
The BMP Elf 99 Racing Team confirmed once again the potential of its BMW and their riders in the second qualification session. Making the best of the relatively cool track this morning, SÃ©bastien Gimbert signed the best qualifying time in 2'00.769. Erwan Nigon and Damian Cudlin also improved their laps to place the BMP Elf 99 ahead.
The Suzuki Endurance Racing Team managed to get closer to the leaders without outclassing them. Vincent Philippe and Sylvain Guintoli (second best time with 2'00.788) also improved their speed this morning whilst Freddy Foray was still learning the Losail racetrack.
The best operation this morning goes to Yamaha France GMT 94 Ipone. David Checa, Kenny Foray and Matthieu Lagrive managed, for a few tenths of a second, to move ahead of the Yamaha Austria Racing Team with Igor Jerman, Steve Martin and Gwen Giabbani. Gregory Junod, Gregg Black and Olivier Depoorter on the RAC 41 City Bike also improved seriously their times and managed to get the fifth best, just ahead of the first Superstock machine, the Suzuki of Qatar Endurance Racing Team I, with Anthony Delhalle, Alex Cudlin and Mashel Al Naimi.
The Team 18 Sapeurs Pompiers, RT Motovirus Racing, RMT 21 Racing Team and BK Maco Racing are also in the top 10, ahead of Andalucia BMW, second Superstock machine. The provisional leader of the Qtel FIM Endurance World Championship, Bolliger Team Switzerland sits in a very discrete twelfth position.
The first twenty teams will enter the Superpole session this afternoon, which will reallocate the final positions on the starting grid. The last Superpole of the season is also the last Superpole in Endurance, since from 2011, the starting grid will be the result of the average time of all the riders of the team.
FIM Endurance World Championship
Losail International Circuit
November 12, 2010
Qualifying Session Two Results (before Superpole):
1. BMP ELF 99 RACING TEAM (GIMBERT Sebastien - 2:00.769/NIGON Erwan - 2:01.675/CUDLIN Damian - 2:01.274), BMW S1000RR, EWC, 2:01.239
2. SERT (PHILIPPE Vincent - 2:01.077/GUINTOLI Sylvain - 2:00.788/FORAY Freddy - 2:03.141), Suzuki GSX-R1000, EWC, 2:01.669
3. YAMAHA FRANCE - GMT 94 - IPONE (CHECA David - 2:02.302/FORAY Kenny - 2:02.930/LAGRIVE Matthieu - 2:01.372), Yamaha YZF-R1, EWC, 2:02.201
4. YART (JERMAN Igor - 2:02.121/MARTIN Steve - 2:02.105/GIABBANI Gwen - 2:02.533), Yamaha YZF-R1, EWC, 2:02.253
5. RAC 41 - CITV BIKE (JUNOD Greg - 2:03.703/BLACK Gregg - 2:03.607/DEPOORTER Olivier - 2:03.173), Suzuki GSX-R1000, EWC, 2:03.494
6. QERT (DELHALLE Anthony - 2:02.605/CUDLIN Alexander - 2:03.884 /A NAIMI Mashal - 2:04.476), Suzuki GSX-R1000, STK, 2:03.655
7. TEAM 18 SAPEURS-POMPIERS (TANGRE Jerome - 2:03.178/MOLINIER Stephane - 2:04.461/BRIERE David - 2:04.155), Suzuki GSX-R1000, EWC, 2:03.931
8. RT MOTOVIRUS RACING (BRIVET Cyril - 2:03.989/de CAROLIS Lucas - 2:03.300/JOND Frederic - 2:04.962), Suzuki GSX-R1000, EWC, 2:04.084
9. RMT #21 RACING TEAM (KISPATAKI Viktor - 2:04.434 /VAN KEYMEULEN Didier - 2:03.983/VOS Arie - 2:04.003), Honda CBR1000RR, EWC, 2:04.140
10. BK MACO RACING (PRIDMORE Jason - 2:03.879/RIBALTA Daniel - 2:04.812), Yamaha YZF-R1, EWC, 2:04.346