Aug 3, 2013
© 2013, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro GoPro Daytona SportBike: Cameron Beaubier (6) in action on his Y.E.S./Monster Energy/Graves Yamaha YZF-R6 at Miller Motorsports Park. Photo by Brian J. Nelson.
Cameron Beaubier secured his sixth consecutive GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro GoPro Daytona SportBike pole position and his fourth consecutive class lap record of the 2013 season during final qualifying Saturday morning at Miller Motorsports Park.
Beaubier, riding his Y.E.S./Monster Energy/Graves Yamaha YZF-R6, improved on the 1:53.637 he did on Friday with a 1:53.288 on Saturday. That lowered Jason DiSalvo’s previous lap record of 1:55.291 by two full seconds and put Beaubier nearly one second faster than anyone else in the field.
The best of the rest of the riders was Beaubier’s teammate Garrett Gerloff (1:54.176), who shook off a crash on Friday afternoon to go even faster on Saturday.
Meen Motorsports Yamaha’s Jake Lewis earned his first front-row start in Daytona SportBike by turning a third-fastest lap time of 1:54.715.
Jason DiSalvo was unable to go quicker Saturday morning than he did Friday afternoon on his Latus Motors Racing Triumph Daytona 675R, but his time of 1:55.135 from Friday was enough to keep him on the front row of the 21-rider grid.
Miller Motorsports Park National/GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing
AMA Pro GoPro Daytona SportBike
Miller Motorsports Park
August 3, 2013
Provisional Combined Qualifying Results (all on Dunlop tires):
1. Cameron Beaubier (Yam YZF-R6), 1:53.288
2. Garrett Gerloff (Yam YZF-R6), 1:54.176
3. Jake Lewis (Yam YZF-R6), 1:54.715
4. Jason DiSalvo (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:55.135
5. JD Beach (Yam YZF-R6), 1:55.146, crash
6. Jake Gagne (Yam YZF-R6), 1:55.396
7. James Rispoli (Suz GSX-R600), 1:55.460
8. Bobby Fong (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:55.536
9. Dane Westby (Hon CBR600RR), 1:55.711
10. Fernando Amantini (Yam YZF-R6), 1:56.653
11. Jake Zemke (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:57.191
12. Kenny Riedmann (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:57.278
13. Ben Young (Yam YZF-R6), 1:57.289
14. Benny Solis (Hon CBR600RR), 1:57.368
15. Chad R. Lewin (Kaw ZX-6R), 1:57.481
16. Joey Pascarella (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:57.616
17. Elena Myers (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:57.720
18. Melissa Paris (Hon CBR600RR), 1:58.701
19. Bryce Prince (Yam YZF-R6), 1:58.897
20. Gerry Signorelli (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:59.627
21. Kelcey Walker (Yam YZF-R6), 2:01.501
109% of Fast Time: 2:03.483
22. Roi Holster (Yam YZF-R6), 2:04.454