Dec 23, 2013
© 2015, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
The new 2014 official AMA Pro Racing series logo.
The latest communication from AMA Pro Racing dictates use of a plain AMA Pro Racing logo on leather suits, crew shirts and motorcycles for 2014, replacing the "GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Racing" logo required in 2013.
On July 27th, 2012, AMA Pro Racing held a press conference to announce that "GEICO will sponsor the AMA Pro Road Racing series for the remainder of 2012 and for the two years following, and will add $125,000 to the end-of-season payout for the top point scorers in the AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike class."
Which seems to mean that the series sponsorship contract was intended to run through the end of the 2014 racing season, and that something has changed in the meantime.
The change may be related to the number of race weekends held (8) and televised (7) in 2013 and the number of 2014 races AMA Pro has confirmed so far (4), compared to the number of televised AMA Pro race weekends in 2012 (11).
GEICO was also a significant commercial sponsor of CBS Sports TV shows covering AMA Pro road racing during the 2013 season.
At post time, AMA Pro Racing Director of Communications Gene Crouch had not returned a call seeking comment and additional information.
Here is the Competition Bulletin issued today:
AMA Pro Road Racing Competition Bulletin #2014-02 - Rider Suit, Crew Shirt and Motorcycle Logo Changes for 2014 Season
To: AMA Pro Road Racing Community
From: AMA Pro Member Services
Date: December 23, 2013
Subject: AMA Pro Road Racing Competition Bulletin #2014-02 - Rider Suit, Crew Shirt and Motorcycle Logo Changes for 2014 Season
AMA Pro Road Racing Competition Bulletin #2014-02, regarding rider suit, crew shirt and motorcycle logo changes for the 2014 season, is now available in the competitor information section of amaproracing.com.
A direct link is below:
• AMA Pro Road Racing Competition Bulletin #2014-02 - Rider Suit, Crew Shirt and Motorcycle Logo Changes for 2014 Season ()
If you are unable to open PDFs on AMA Pro Racing's website, please do the following:
• If you are using Google Chrome, please try another web browser. There is a known compatibility problem with Chrome's built-in PDF viewer and PDFs created with certain versions of Adobe Acrobat.
• Ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed. Visit for installation instructions.
• Visit the Competitor Information section () of AMA Pro Racing's website
• Right click on the link for the file you would like to view and click "Save As..." or "Save link as..."
• Browse to the file and double-click to open it in Adobe Reader
AMA Pro Racing