FIM MotoGP World Championship
Circuito de Jerez, Spain
July 19, 2020
Race Results (all using Michelin tires):
- Fabio Quartararo, France (Yamaha), Total Race Time 41 minutes, 23.796 seconds
- Maverick Vinales, Spain (Yamaha), -4.603 seconds
- Andrea Dovizioso, Italy (Ducati), -5.946
- Jack Miller, Australia (Ducati), -6.668
- Franco Morbidelli, Italy (Yamaha), -6.844
- Pol Espargaro, Spain (KTM), -6.938
- Francesco Bagnaia, Italy (Ducati), -13.027
- Miguel Oliveira, Portugal (KTM), -13.441
- Danilo Petrucci, Italy (Ducati), -19.651
- Takaaki Nakagami, Japan (Honda), -21.553
- Johann Zarco, France (Ducati), -25.100
- Alex Marquez, Spain (Honda), -27.350
- Brad Binder, South Africa (KTM), -29.640
- Tito Rabat, Spain (Ducati), -32.898
- Bradley Smith, UK (Aprilia), -39.682
- Marc Marquez, Spain (Honda), -4 laps, DNF, crash
- Iker Lecuona, Spain (KTM), -6 laps, DNF, retired
- Valentino Rossi, Italy (Yamaha), -7 laps, DNF, retired
- Aleix Espargaro, Spain (Aprilia), -23 laps, DNF, crash
- Joan Mir, Spain (Suzuki), -24 laps, DNF, crash
- Cal Crutchlow, UK (Honda), DNS
- Alex Rins, Spain (Suzuki), DNS
More, from a press release issued by Repsol Honda:
Marc Marquez suffers broken right humerus in Jerez
A fall at Turn 3 while fighting for the podium has resulted in a broken right humerus for the reigning World Champion, who will travel to Barcelona for surgery.
After mounting an incredible comeback in the Spanish GP, Marc Marquez suffered a high side at Turn 3 and came down heavily on his right arm. As a result, the eight-time World Champion has suffered a transverse diaphyseal fracture to his right humerus. MotoGP medical staff have confirmed there is no other serious head or thoracic trauma but will remain under observation for 12 hours.
Marquez will travel to the Hospital Universitari Dexeus in Barcelona on Monday, July 20 and is aiming to be operated on by Dr Xavier Mir and his team on Tuesday, July 21st.
Recovery time is as yet unknown, the Repsol Honda Team will provide an update after the operation.