Aug 27, 2013
© 2017, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
From a press release
issued by MotorSport Vision
British Supersport Championship: Stuart Easton (5).
EASTON CLOSES IN ON SEELEY AS CHAMPIONSHIP LEADER CRASHES OUT
Stuart Easton and the Martrain Yamaha team closed the deficit in the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship standings at Cadwell Park as the Scot claimed a podium finish as title rival Alastair Seeley dramatically crashed out of contention.
In the Sprint race home hero Ben Wilson returned to the top step of the podium in the opening race as the Lincolnshire rider held off Easton for the victory when the second Gearlink Kawasaki rider Seeley crashed out of podium contention, giving his rival the chance to close the gap. Graeme Gowland scored his first podium finish for the Appleyard Macadam Racing Yamaha team in his second event with the team.
Easton said: “I’m not overly happy with the results but to take 25 points out of Seeley in one race weekend puts us back in the hunt heading to Donington, which can only be a good thing. My Mar-Train Yamaha showed its pace again though, so thanks to all the team for their hard work to put us back in the frame.”
In the Feature race Billy McConnell was desperate to return to winning form at the Lincolnshire circuit having been the most successful rider in the class at the track and the Smiths Racing Triumph team celebrated their first win of the season. The Australian denied Wilson the chance to make it a double whilst Samsung Honda were back on the podium with Jason O'Halloran in third.
Motorpoint British Supersport Championship, Cadwell Park, Sprint race result:
1. Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 15m 03.224s
2. Stuart Easton (Martrain Yamaha) +0.174s
3. Graeme Gowland (Appleyard Macadam Doodson Yamaha) +0.777s
4. Billy McConnell (Smiths Triumph) +1.116s
5. James O'Halloran (Samsung Honda) +4.339s
Motorpoint British Supersport Championship, Cadwell Park, Feature race result:
1. Billy McConnell (Smiths Racing Triumph)
2. Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) +0.142s
3. Jason O'Halloran (Samsung Honda) +1.344s
4. Stuart Easton (Martrain Yamaha) +1.782s
5. Graeme Gowland (Appleyard Macadam Racing Yamaha) +5.814s
Motorpoint British Supersport Championship standings:
1. Alastair Seeley (Gearlink Kawasaki) 303
2. Stuart Easton (Martrain Yamaha) 281
3. Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 250
4. Billy McConnell (Smiths Racing Triumph) 228
5. Graeme Gowland (Appleyard Macadam Racing Yamaha) 185
For more information please visit