© 2016, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
Tom Montano won the Buell Pro Thunder race at Virginia International Raceway Sunday, consolidating his series points lead.
Dave Estok was leading when his bike momentarily stopped running while entering a corner 3 laps from the finish--Montano collided with Estok and went by. Estok's bike started running again shortly afterwards and he took off in pursuit, about six seconds behind Montano. But Estok's bike then quit for good and he was eventually credited with ninth place.
Mike Ciccotto finished second on a Buell at VIR, 17 seconds behind Montano, with Chris Normand third on a Suzuki SV650.
After the race, Normand was disqualified for his Suzuki SV650 weighing only 352 pounds, under the 380-pound weight limit. The disqualification promoted Thomas Fournier to third.
1. Tom Montano, Ducati
2. Mike Ciccotto, Buell, -17.016
3. Tom Fournier, Ducati, -1 lap
5. Steve Keener, Suzuki, -1 lap
6. Dr. Dave Kieffer, MD, Ducati, -1 lap
7. Charles Walker, Ducati, -1 lap
8. Josh Bryan, Buell, -1 lap
9. Dave Estok, Buell, -2 laps
10. Paul March, Ducati, -2 laps
11. Deborah Venega, Ducati, -2 laps
12. Mark Gardiner, MZ, -3 laps
13. Tripp Nobles, Buell, -7 laps, DNF, crashed