Apr 26, 2013
© 2016, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
eni FIM Superbike World Championship: Leon Haslam crashed his Pata Honda CBR1000RR Superbike in Free Practice One and broke his lower left leg.
eni FIM Superbike World Championship
April 26, 2013
Free Practice One Results (wet conditions, all on Pirelli tires):
1. Tom SYKES, UK (Kawasaki ZX-10R), 1:58.947
2. Sylvain GUINTOLI, France (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), 1:59.438
3. Marco MELANDRI, Italy (BMW S1000RR), 1:59.696
4. Chaz DAVIES, UK (BMW S1000RR), 2:00.728
5. Leon HASLAM, UK (Honda CBR1000RR), 2:01.112, crash
6. Jules CLUZEL, France (Suzuki GSX-R1000), 2:01.730
7. Ayrton BADOVINI, Italy (Ducati 1199 Panigale R), 2:02.597
8. Leon CAMIER, UK (Suzuki GSX-R1000), 2:02.638
9. Carlos CHECA, Spain (Ducati 1199 Panigale R), 2:02.809
10. Ivan CLEMENTI, Italy (BMW S1000RR), 2:02.943
11. Eugene LAVERTY, Ireland (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), 2:03.037
12. Davide GIUGLIANO, Italy (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), 2:03.362, crash
13. Max NEUKIRCHNER, Germany (Ducati 1199 Panigale R), 2:03.533
14. Michel FABRIZIO, Italy (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), 2:04.133
15. Mark AITCHISON, Australia (Ducati 1098R), 2:04.322
16. Loris BAZ, France (Kawasaki ZX-10R), 2:04.374
17. Vittorio IANNUZZO, Italy (BMW S1000RR), 2:05.478
18. Alexander LUNDH, Sweden (Kawasaki ZX-10R), 2:07.274, crash
19. Federico SANDI, Italy (Kawasaki ZX-10R), 2:15.913
More, from a press release issued by Pata Honda Superbike Team:
Leon Haslam fractures leg in Assen practice crash
Pata Honda rider Leon Haslam crashed at the end of this morning’s free practice session at Assen in the Netherlands as he prepared for round three of the 2013 World Superbike championship.
Leon was taken to hospital in Assen where X-rays confirmed fractures to both his tibia and fibula in his lower left leg.
The 29-year-old British rider is being transferred to hospital in Groningen where a specialist will operate later today to pin Leon’s leg.
Best wishes from the whole Pata Honda team go to Leon for a speedy recovery and a swift return to action.