© 2015, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
Honda's Valentino Rossi beat Yamaha's Garry McCoy and Max Biaggi to win the Japanese 500cc Grand Prix at Suzuka, the three leaders crossing the line within a second. Defending 500cc World Champion Kenny Roberts was seventh, and Leon Haslam was the 13th and final finisher, just behind 12th-place Haruchika Aoki.
Chris Walker and Jose Luis Cardoso crashed on the first lap; other crashers included Sete Gibernau, Noriyuki Haga, Carlos Checa, Akira Ryo and Tohru Ukawa. Retirees included Johan Stigefelt, Olivier Jacque and Mark Willis.
1. Valentino Rossi, Honda, 44:51.501
2. Garry McCoy, Yamaha, -0.724 seconds
3. Max Biaggi, Yamaha, -0.956
4. Norick Abe, Yamaha, -1.176
5. Shinya Nakano, Yamaha, -3.256
6. Alex Barros, Honda, -14.515
7. Kenny Roberts, Suzuki, -22.876
8. Loris Capirossi, Honda, -28.732
9. Alex Criville, Honda, -34.478
10. Carlos Checa, Yamaha, -53.765
11. Jurgen v.d. Goorbergh, Proton, -58.688
12. Haruchika Aoki, Honda, -1:17.338
13. Leon Haslam, Honda, -1:17.681