© 2017, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
Saturday Morning 250cc Practice Times:
1. Rich Oliver, Yamaha, 1:29.422
2. Chuck Sorensen, Yamaha, 1:30.002
3. Simon Turner, Yamaha, 1:30.686
4. Randy Renfrow, TSR-Honda, 1:31.514
5. Michael Himmelsbach, Aprilia, 1:32.567
6. Perry Melneciuc, Yamaha, 1:32.786
7. Michael Hannas, II, Yamaha, 1:33.305
8. Ed Sorbo, Yamaha, 1:33.897
9. Cory West, Yamaha, 1:34.060
10. Chris Pyles, Yamaha, 1:35.399
24. Jimmy Filice, Yamaha, 1:48.639
Filice spent Saturday morning at VIR breaking in a new motor on his Corbin Yamaha TZ250. Filice crashed Friday in VIR's turn one when his motor seized. Filice went to the local hospital to have pain in his head and neck investigated but left the medical center at 11:30 p.m. local time with muscle strains as the diagnosis. Filice says that he will race at 100% in the qualifying heats today and the final on Sunday.