Oct 29, 2010
© 2014, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
FIM 125cc GP World Championship
October 29, 2010
Free Practice Two Results (wet conditions):
1. Alberto MONCAYO, Spain (APRILIA), 2:05.490
2. Johann ZARCO, France (APRILIA), 2:06.553, crash
3. Nicolas TEROL, Spain (APRILIA), 2:06.787
4. Esteve RABAT, Spain (APRILIA), 2:07.091
5. Pol ESPARGARO, Spain (DERBI), 2:07.145, crash
6. Bradley SMITH, Great Britain (APRILIA), 2:07.255
7. Danny WEBB, Great Britain (APRILIA), 2:07.410
8. Efren VAZQUEZ, Spain (DERBI), 2:08.659
9. Sandro CORTESE, Germany (DERBI), 2:08.694
10. Lorenzo SAVADORI, Italy (APRILIA), 2:09.105
Not Qualified (out 107%)
30. Marc MARQUEZ, Spain (DERBI), 3:53.792, crash
More, from a press release issued by Interwetten Honda:
Bad weather, but good start for SchrÃ¶tter
Only two weeks ago the riders of the MotoGP world championship had to deal with unpredictable weather conditions at Phillip Island in Australia and also this time around the weather at the Portuguese Grand Prix is not helping much. Right at the start of the first free 125cc practice it started to rain with thunderstorms and you could easily forget that you are back on European sole. Marcel SchrÃ¶tter still didn't have a bad start and showed a good performance. He stayed in the Top 10 during the first part of the second free practice, but due to a defect at the bike SchrÃ¶tter was not able to hold his position and finished in 17th position. In the combined times, SchrÃ¶tter ends the day in 16th position.
Marcel SchrÃ¶tter, 16 - 2'09.848 (combined times FP1 and FP2):
"The practice was not easy as there is just no grip on this track. Apart from that I had a good feeling and I could have done better. Then I was sliding for at least two meters and the gear shift broke. I only wanted to go back to the pit box to change it quickly to be able to have a couple of fast laps afterwards, but it took more time than expected and I stayed in. At the beginning of the session I was able to comfortably ride in the Top 10 and I hope I can repeat that and hold it in tomorrow's sessions."