Apr 19, 2013
© 2014, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
FIM MotoGP World Championship: Marc Marquez (93) was fastest in the first practice Friday during the Red Bull MotoGP of The Americas.
FIM MotoGP World Championship
Circuit of The America
April 19, 2013
Free Practice One Results (all on Bridgestone tires):
1. Marc MARQUEZ, Spain (HONDA), 2:08.756
2. Jorge LORENZO, Spain (YAMAHA), 2:09.009
3. Dani PEDROSA, Spain (HONDA), 2:10.356
4. Andrea DOVIZIOSO, Italy (DUCATI), 2:10.665
5. Nicky HAYDEN, USA (DUCATI), 2:10.801
6. Valentino ROSSI, Italy (YAMAHA), 2:10.828
7. Alvaro BAUTISTA, Spain (HONDA), 2:10.910
8. Cal CRUTCHLOW, UK (YAMAHA), 2:11.232
9. Stefan BRADL, Germany (HONDA), 2:11.929
10. Ben SPIES, USA (DUCATI), 2:12.813
11. Yonny HERNANDEZ, Colombia (ART-Aprilia), 2:13.058
12. Claudio CORTI, Italy (FTR-Kawasaki), 2:13.321
13. Bradley SMITH, UK (YAMAHA), 2:13.339
14. Colin EDWARDS, USA (FTR-Kawasaki), 2:13.694
15. Aleix ESPARGARO, Spain (ART-Aprilia), 2:13.970
16. Randy DE PUNIET, France (ART-Aprilia), 2:14.530
17. Karel ABRAHAM, Czech Republic (ART-Aprilia), 2:14.828
18. Andrea IANNONE, Italy (DUCATI), 2:14.859
19. Danilo PETRUCCI, Italy (Suter-BMW), 2:16.465
20. Hiroshi AOYAMA, Japan (FTR-Kawasaki), 2:16.481
21. Bryan STARING, Australia (FTR-Honda), 2:17.441
22. Hector BARBERA, Spain (FTR-Kawasaki), 2:17.685
Not qualified (Out 107%) 2:17.768
23. Michael LAVERTY, UK (PBM-Aprilia), 2:18.338
24. Lukas PESEK, Czech Republic (Suter-BMW), 2:18.684
25. Blake YOUNG, USA (APR-Kawasaki), 2:19.440
26. Mike BARNES, USA (GP Tech/BCL-Suzuki), 2:21.530
More, from a press release issued by Repsol Honda:
Marquez leads the way in FP1
Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez set the fastest time of 2'08.756 in this morning's first free practice session for the Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas and teammate Dani Pedrosa in third position with 2'10.356.
The times are around five seconds slower than those set during the test a month ago, where Marc set the fastest time of 2'03.281. Both riders spoke about lack of grip due to the track conditions, which will gradually improve as more rubber gets laid down.
Marc Marquez 1st 2'08.756
"It feels like the first day when we were here for testing, the track has very little grip, so this morning I was just finding my rhythm and learning the lines again! There's not much more to say! The times were slow but I think this afternoon's free practice will be better"
Dani Pedrosa 3rd 2'10.356
"It was very difficult to try any settings on the bike as the track conditions were not very good, there is no grip. Also, it's quite windy so on the straights the wind is cooling the tyres quite a lot. I hope that the conditions will improve this afternoon with some more sun and bikes on track"