Jul 13, 2013
© 2014, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
FIM MotoGP World Championship: Marc Marquez (93).
Marc Marquez was the fastest rider in MotoGP Free Practice Three, held Saturday morning at Sachsenring, in Germany. Marquez did a time of 1:21.903 on his Repsol Honda RC213V prototype.
Aleix Espargaro was the second-fastest in the dry session with a time of 1:22.129 on his Avintia Blusens ART-Aprilia CRT-class machine.
Marquez's teammate, Dani Pedrosa, suffered a big highside crash early in the session. Initial medical checks at the track indicated no broken bones, according to Dorna, but later Pedrosa was airlifted to a local hospital for further checks because he was feeling like he might faint.
FIM MotoGP World Championship
July 13, 2013
Free Practice Three Results (all on Bridgestone tires):
1. Marc MARQUEZ, Spain (HONDA), 1:21.903
2. Aleix ESPARGARO, Spain (ART-Aprilia), 1:22.129
3. Valentino ROSSI, Italy (YAMAHA), 1:22.306
4. Cal CRUTCHLOW, UK (YAMAHA), 1:22.377
5. Stefan BRADL, Germany (HONDA), 1:22.389
6. Alvaro BAUTISTA, Spain (HONDA), 1:22.614
7. Bradley SMITH, UK (YAMAHA), 1:22.758
8. Nicky HAYDEN, USA (DUCATI), 1:22.874
9. Andrea IANNONE, Italy (DUCATI), 1:23.031
10. Andrea DOVIZIOSO, Italy (DUCATI), 1:23.063
11. Randy DE PUNIET, France (ART-Aprilia), 1:23.174
12. Claudio CORTI, Italy (FTR-Kawasaki), 1:23.426
13. Hector BARBERA, Spain (FTR-Kawasaki), 1:23.556
14. Michele PIRRO, Italy (DUCATI), 1:23.557
15. Yonny HERNANDEZ, Colombia (ART-Aprilia), 1:23.745
16. Danilo PETRUCCI, Italy (IODA/SUTER-BMW), 1:23.842
17. Colin EDWARDS, USA (FTR-Kawasaki), 1:23.978
18. Hiroshi AOYAMA, Japan (FTR-Kawasaki), 1:24.310
19. Karel ABRAHAM, Czech Republic (ART-Aprilia), 1:24.555
20. Michael LAVERTY, UK (PBM-Aprilia), 1:24.606, crash
21. Bryan STARING, Australia (FTR-Honda), 1:25.873
22. Lukas PESEK, Czech Republic (IODA/SUTER-BMW), 1:27.617
23. Dani PEDROSA, Spain (HONDA), no time recorded, crash