Aug 16, 2013
© 2016, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
FIM MotoGP World Championship: Marc Marquez (93) in action on his Repsol Honda.
Red Bull Indianapolis GP
FIM MotoGP World Championship
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
August 16, 2013
Free Practice One Results (all on Bridgestone tires):
1. Marc MARQUEZ, Spain (HONDA), 1:40.781
2. Cal CRUTCHLOW, UK (YAMAHA), 1:41.081
3. Jorge LORENZO, Spain (YAMAHA), 1:41.261
4. Stefan BRADL, Germany (HONDA), 1:41.424
5. Valentino ROSSI, Italy (YAMAHA), 1:41.547
6. Alvaro BAUTISTA, Spain (HONDA), 1:41.571
7. Dani PEDROSA, Spain (HONDA), 1:41.590
8. Andrea DOVIZIOSO, Italy (DUCATI), 1:41.793
9. Nicky HAYDEN, USA (DUCATI), 1:41.830
10. Bradley SMITH, UK (YAMAHA), 1:42.405
11. Ben SPIES, USA (DUCATI), 1:42.507
12. Andrea IANNONE, Italy (DUCATI), 1:42.745
13. Aleix ESPARGARO, Spain (ART-Aprilia), 1:42.866
14. Yonny HERNANDEZ, Colombia (ART-Aprilia), 1:43.088, crash
15. Colin EDWARDS, USA (FTR-Kawasaki), 1:43.570
16. Karel ABRAHAM, Czech Republic (ART-Aprilia), 1:44.009, crash
17. Randy DE PUNIET, France (ART-Aprilia), 1:44.125
18. Claudio CORTI, Italy (FTR-Kawasaki), 1:44.316
19. Danilo PETRUCCI, Italy (IODA/SUTER-BMW), 1:44.395
20. Hiroshi AOYAMA, Japan (FTR-Kawasaki), 1:44.606
21. Hector BARBERA, Spain (FTR-Kawasaki), 1:44.698
22. Lukas PESEK, Czech Republic (IODA/SUTER-BMW), 1:45.379
23. Bryan STARING, Australia (FTR-Honda), 1:45.527
24. Michael LAVERTY, UK (PBM-Aprilia), 1:45.688
25. Blake YOUNG, USA (APR-Kawasaki), 1:47.770
More, from a press release issued by Repsol Honda:
Marquez fastest in FP1 with Pedrosa in 7th
Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez has maintained his fine pre-Summer form in the first free practice for the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix. The Spanish rookie completed 19 laps in this morning's session and set the fastest time of 1'40.781 on lap 17. For teammate, Dani Pedrosa, it was an important session to see how his injury is healing. He also managed 19 laps, setting a fastest time of 1'41.590 on his final lap, under cool conditions at the Indianapolis track, with a track temperature of just 26ºC and ambient temperature of 18ºC.
FP2 will begin at 14h05 local time.
Marc Marquez 1st 1'40.781
"It's important after the summer break to find your rhythm with the bike again and my feeling at the moment is pretty good! The track was quite slippery which made things difficult, but anyway I'm sure it will improve and the times will drop. We need to continue in the same way but at the moment we are happy"
Dani Pedrosa 7th 1'41.590
"I was a little cautious this morning, going out on the track for the first time, as normally it's very slippery here in the first sessions. I was a little stiff on the bike so I need some more time to find the feeling again after the Summer break. I'm sure this afternoon and lap-by-lap I will loosen up on the bike and feel more comfortable. The pain is already less from Laguna so this is already a positive!"
More, from a press release issued by Pramac Racing:
At 9:55 a.m. this morning, MotoGP restarted its engines at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
The Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Team is complete once again and is ready to face the third and final American round of the 2013 season.
Following the first free-practice session, Andrea Iannone commented on his return to the paddock.
Andrea Iannone - Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Team
"I'm very happy. I have to say I was expecting worse, so that’s positive. Now I’m calm and I can concentrate hard on the bike to try to understand how to improve. That said, I’m feeling something like a needle in my shoulder, both in the changes of direction and on the straights, where I can’t get the elbow bent enough to get under the fairing. I use my body to compensate a bit, moving it to help with the weight. So far I haven’t taken any painkillers or anything. We’ll see if it will be necessary for the other sessions."
More, from another press release issued by Pramac Racing:
The Ignite Pramac Racing Team is complete once again and is ready to face the third and final American round of the 2013 season.
Following the first free-practice session, Ben Spies commented on his return to the paddock.
Ben Spies - Ignite Pramac Racing Team
“My shoulder is physically good. I’m just feeling it in other parts of the body, like shin muscles and calf muscles that you need for shifting but that I haven’t been using too much. Other than that, I feel good. It’s the first time I’ve been able to ride the bike and have strength since last year, so it was quite a bit different. I actually enjoyed riding today, unlike at the beginning of the year, but I really felt like it was my first time riding the bike in a long time—and in fact it’s been 12 of 13 weeks since Mugello. We’re just kind of taking it step by step. I guess to be as close as we were, it’s a good point. We know we’re not going to be on the podium this weekend, and I don’t have an ambition to be the fastest Ducati. It’s just a matter of getting back into the rhythm and getting comfortable with pushing the bike. For starting out, it wasn’t too bad.”