From a press release issued by Honda:
JEFFERIES TAKES SENIOR TT
Dave Jefferies recorded the fastest ever lap as he won Friday's Isle of Man TT Senior race in record time - he charged his Suzuki around the 37.73-mile mountain course in 17m 47.0s - an average speed of 127.29 mph, winning the race by 22 seconds from Ian Lougher.
Earlier in the day, Welshman Lougher won the 600cc Production TT race, and was determined to make it a daily double as he matched the pace of Jefferies, but, upping the pace on lap two, the Yorkshireman took charge, completing the 226.38 miles at an average speed of 124.74 mph.
John McGuinness took third place for Honda, admitting: "I couldn't do anything with these guys. I was trying my hardest but could make no impact on them. My Fireblade was good enough to win but I couldn't match Jefferies' and Lougher's pace."
Local rider Richard Quayle was fourth, ahead of Ulstermen Richard Britton and Adrian Archibald.
Senior TT result (6 laps, 226.38 miles):
1. Dave Jefferies (Suzuki) 1h 48m
2. Ian Lougher (Suzuki) 1h 49m 15.2s
3. J McGuinness (Honda) 1h 50m 01.3s
4. Richard Quayle (Suzuki) 1h 51m 18.6s
5. R. Britton (Suzuki) 1h 51m 30.7s
6. A Archibald (Honda) 1h 52m 19.1s
7. R. Farquhar (Yamaha) 1h 52m 27.0s
8. C. Heath (Yamaha) 1h 53m 05.1s
9. S. Smith (Suzuki) 1h 54m 35.2s
10. S. Harris (Suzuki) 1h 54m 37.1s.