Mar 15, 2013
© 2015, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
Josh Hayes (1). Photo by Brian J. Nelson/AMA Pro Racing.
GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro National Guard Superbike Series
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona Beach, Florida
March 15, 2013
Provisional Combined Qualifying Results (2.9-mile course, all on Dunlop tires):
Ambient temperature at the end of the session: 51 degrees F
1. Josh Hayes (Yam YZF-R1), 1:37.096
2. Josh Herrin (Yam YZF-R1), 1:37.826
3. Roger Hayden (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:38.135
4. Martin Cardenas (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:38.501, crash
5. Danny Eslick (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:38.511, crash
6. Larry Pegram (Yam YZF-R1), 1:38.601
7. Chris Clark (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:39.547
8. Geoff May (EBR 1190RS), 1:39.592
9. David Anthony (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:40.069
10. Aaron Yates (EBR 1190RS), 1:40.443
11. Robertino Pietri (Kaw ZX-10R), 1:40.584
12. Taylor Knapp (KTM RC8R), 1:40.943
13. Chris Fillmore (KTM RC8R), 1:41.175
14. Bernat Martinez (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:41.587
15. Chris Ulrich (Hon CBR1000RR), 1:41.662
16. Cory West (EBR 1190RS), 1:42.306
17. Reese Wacker (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:42.914
18. Dustin Dominguez (EBR 1190RS), 1:43.241
19. Trent Gibson (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:43.465
20. Rodolfo Ramirez (Kaw ZX-10R), 1:43.478
107% of Fast Time: 1:43.892
21. Jacquel Gonzalez (Kaw ZX-10R), 1:44.286
22. Gustavo Sanchez (Kaw ZX-10R), 1:44.584
23. Nico Ferreira (Kaw ZX-10R), 1:44.804
24. Felipe MacLean (Kaw ZX-10R), 1:44.825
25. Aaron Ascher (Kaw ZX-10R), 1:46.046
26. Matthew Orange (BMW S1000RR), 1:46.482
More, from a press release issued by Yamaha:
Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha Rider Hayes Wins SuperBike Pole At Daytona For 24th Of His Career
Daytona, FL March 15, 2012 – Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha rider Josh Hayes, who earned a record-tying 10 pole positions on the way to his third consecutive AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike Championship, earned the pole position in today’s final qualifying session at Daytona International Speedway.
This first pole of the 2013 GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing season is Josh’s 24th pole position of his career, which moves him into second place in all-time career SuperBike poles.
Josh’s Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha SuperBike teammate Josh Herrin qualified his #2 Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha YZF-R1 SuperBike in second position, which means that both riders will start side by side for today’s and tomorrow’s SuperBike races.
Commenting on his pole-qualifying effort, Josh Hayes said, “I started out riding on my tire from yesterday, so I rode it four or five more laps than a race distance, and everything felt good. Then, we put in a new tire and went faster. We’re in good shape for today’s race, and I’m looking forward to it.”
Josh Herrin said, “It was a good qualifying session for me. We made a couple of changes overnight, and I think we found a little bit better setup for the race.”
Both Josh’s and their Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha R1 SuperBikes are race-ready and raring to go.
SuperBike Race 1 will go green later today at 4:00 PM, and SuperBike Race 2 is set for Saturday, March 16 at 11:00 AM. Check your local TV listings for Speed TV’s telecast of both races.
For more news, results, and other team info, be sure to check out Yamaha’s Facebook page and follow the team on Twitter @YamahaMotorUSA