Sep 15, 2013
© 2015, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
A map of the Misano Circuit.
FIM Moto2 World Championship
Misano, San Marino
September 15, 2013
Race Results (all using Honda engines and Dunlop tires):
1. Pol ESPARGARO, Spain (KALEX), 26 laps, 42:47.098
2. Takaaki NAKAGAMI, Japan (KALEX), -0.621 second
3. Esteve RABAT, Spain (KALEX), -1.815 seconds
4. Thomas LUTHI, Switzerland (SUTER), -12.919
5. Dominique AEGERTER, Switzerland (SUTER), -14.925
6. Scott REDDING, UK (KALEX), -15.123
7. Johann ZARCO, France (SUTER), -15.259
8. Xavier SIMEON, Belgium (KALEX), -20.369
9. Mika KALLIO, Finland (KALEX), -20.615
10. Nicolas TEROL, Spain (SUTER), -24.635
11. Anthony WEST, Australia (SPEED UP), -28.649
12. Mattia PASINI, Italy (SPEED UP), -29.173
13. Julian SIMON, Spain (KALEX), -29.418
14. Marcel SCHROTTER, Germany (KALEX), -29.458
15. Alex DE ANGELIS, San Marino (SPEED UP), -37.718
16. Jordi TORRES, Spain (SUTER), -39.314
17. Randy KRUMMENACHER, Switzerland (SUTER), -42.796
18. Axel PONS, Spain (KALEX), -42.938
19. Danny KENT, UK (TECH 3), -48.222
20. Louis ROSSI, France (TECH 3), -51.304
World Championship Point Standings (after 12 of 17 races):
1. Redding, 202 points
2. Espargaro, 179
3. Rabat, 151
4. Kallio, 132
5. Nakagami, 125
6. Aegerter, 119
7. Zarco, 104
8. Luthi, 94
9. Terol, 83
10. Corsi, 74
More, from a press release issued by FIM:
2013 FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix
Gran Premio Aperol di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini - Decision of the Race Direction
On September 14 during Moto2 Qualifying session of the Gran Premio Aperol di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini, rider number 88 Ricky Cardus was riding in a section of the circuit where waved yellow flags were displayed due to an earlier accident. He continued at racing speed and did not slow down and be prepared to stop as required by the regulations. His subsequent crash at the same point as the previous accident seriously endangered the rider being attended and the marshals in the accident zone.
This is an infringement of Article 1.22.2 of the FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Regulations.
A Race Direction hearing was held at Misano World Circuit on September 15 and the decision of the Race Direction is to impose two Penalty Points on the record of Ricky Cardus for the 2013 season. (Art 3.2.1 of the 2013 FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Disciplinary and Arbitration Code).
No appeal was lodged.
The decision of the Race Direction is final.