Oct 6, 2013
© 2015, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours.
eni FIM Superbike World Championship
October 6, 2013
Race One Results (all on Pirelli tires):
1. Tom SYKES, UK (Kawasaki ZX-10R), 18 laps, 29:38.830
2. Sylvain GUINTOLI, France (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), -2.146 seconds
3. Eugene LAVERTY, Ireland (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), -10.643
4. Davide GIUGLIANO, Italy (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), -15.687
5. Marco MELANDRI, Italy (BMW S1000RR), -23.573
6. Michele PIRRO, Italy (Ducati 1199 Panigale R), -33.848
7. Michel FABRIZIO, Italy (Honda CBR1000RR), -37.599
8. Leon HASLAM, UK (Honda CBR1000RR), -37.903
9. Ayrton BADOVINI, Italy (Ducati 1199 Panigale R), -38.181
10. Lorenzo LANZI, Italy (Ducati 1098R), -51.604
11. David SALOM, Spain (Kawasaki ZX-10R), -54.742
12. Federico SANDI, Italy (Kawasaki ZX-10R), -63.442
13. Vincent PHILIPPE, France (Suzuki GSX-R1000) -67.176, crash
14. Fabrizio LAI, Italy (Ducati 1199 Panigale R), -84.850
15. Vittorio IANNUZZO, Italy (BMW S1000RR), -2 laps
16. Mark AITCHISON, Australia (Kawasaki ZX-10R), -59.718 seconds, DNF, crash
17. Toni ELIAS, Spain (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), -3 laps, DNF, crash
18. Jules CLUZEL, France (Suzuki GSX-R1000), -16 laps, DNF, crash
19. Chaz DAVIES, UK (BMW S1000RR), -16 laps, DNF, crash
More, from a press release issued by SBK Press Office:
Tom Sykes wins first race in dominant fashion
Magny-Cours (France), Sunday 6 October 2013 - Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) has scored victory in the first World Superbike race of the day, leading the way from lights to the Red Flag that was waved during Lap 19, following the crash suffered by Mark Aitchison (Team Pedercini Kawasaki). The Brit was able to pull away from the rest of the field, except for Sylvain Guintoli (Aprilia Racing Team), in the early stages of the race, with the duo able to lap consistently in the 1'38s. Sykes' pace, though, was too fast even for the Frenchman, as the KRT rider managed to put a safe margin between himself and the rival as the race progressed.
Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) crossed the line a lonely third to complete the podium ahead of Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing Aprilia), very competitive in the opening laps before losing ground from the top, Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad GoldBet) and Michele Pirro (Team Ducati Alstare), who rode an incredible maiden race in the series to end up 6th.
In the first half of the race Pirro was involved in a spectacular 5-way battle for sixth place, along with Pata Honda riders Michel Fabrizio and Leon Haslam, Toni Elias (Red Devils Aprilia) and Vincent Philippe (FIXI Crescent Suzuki). Elias, who made his WSBK debut last month in Turkey, lost control of his Aprilia RSV4 at Turn 13 during the sixteenth lap, taking out Philippe in the process.
The difficult first race for the FIXI Crescent Suzuki was completed by local rider's Jules Cluzel crash in the early stages, preceded by the one occurred to works BMW rider Chaz Davies.
The Championship situation after Race 1 sees Tom Sykes extending his advantage to 29 points over Sylvain Guintoli and 32 on Eugene Laverty.
Results: 1. Sykes (Kawasaki) 18 Laps/79.398 km in 29'38.830 average 160.686 kph; 2. Guintoli (Aprilia) 2.146; 3. Laverty (Aprilia) 10.643; 4. Giugliano (Aprilia) 15.687; 5. Melandri (BMW) 23.573; 6. Pirro (Ducati) 33.848; 7. Fabrizio (Honda) 37.599; 8. Haslam (Honda) 37.903; 9. Badovini (Ducati) 38.181; 10. Lanzi (Ducati) 51.604; 11. Salom (Kawasaki) 54.742; 12. Sandi (Kawasaki) 1'03.442; 13. Philippe (Suzuki) 1'07.176; 14. Lai (Ducati) 1'24.850; 15. Iannuzzo (BMW) 2 Laps; RT. Aitchison (Kawasaki) 59.718; RT. Elias (Aprilia); RT. Cluzel (Suzuki); RT. Davies (BMW).
Superstock 1000 – Sylvain Barrier Champion for the second time in a row
Jeremy Guarnoni (MRS Kawasaki) has won on home soil in the FIM Superstock 1000 cup race for a repeat performance of his last year's maiden victory in the series. Frenchman led the entire race, that was reduced to 9 laps following the horrific crash sustained by Christoffer Bergman (BWG Racing Kawasaki) that, along with the oil on track caused by Sebastien Suchet's following… (read more)
Results: 1. Guarnoni (Kawasaki) 9 Laps/39.699 km in 15'13.472 average 156.454 kph; 2. Canepa (Ducati) 2.415; 3. Savadori (Kawasaki) 5.756; 4. Barrier (BMW) 8.668; 5. Mercado (Kawasaki) 8.973; 6. Jezek (Ducati) 10.647; 7. Lanusse (Kawasaki) 12.749; 8. Lussiana (Kawasaki) 14.691; 9. Massei (Honda) 17.158; 10. Egea (Kawasaki) 21.328; 11. Bussolotti (BMW) 21.904; 12. Andreozzi (Kawasaki) 22.022; 13. Maurin (Kawasaki) 24.018; 14. Pagaud (Kawasaki) 24.492; 15. Ponsson (Kawasaki) 27.863; etc.
Standings (Round 9 of 10): 1. Barrier 178; 2. Canepa 145; 3. Guarnoni 128; 4. Mercado 126; 5. Savadori 98; 6. La Marra 85; 7. Jezek 81; 8. Lanusse 60; 9. Bussolotti 55; 10. Andreozzi 51; etc. Manufacturers: 1. BMW 189; 2. Kawasaki 173; 3. Ducati 166; 4. Honda 38; 5. Suzuki 5.