Oct 10, 2013
© 2017, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
From a press release
issued by Daytona International Speedway:
AMA Pro Superbike racer Chris Ulrich (18). Photo by Brian J. Nelson.
On and Off the Track, DIS Boasts Busy Schedule of Activities during Fall Cycle Scene
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Daytona International Speedway will become a biker’s paradise on Oct. 17-20 for the annual Fall Cycle Scene.
On the track, the Speedway’s 3.51-mile road course will showcase the Team Hammer Advanced School, vintage racing from American Historic Motorcycle Racing Association (AHMRA), Championship Cup Series (CCS) sprint races and the American Sportbike Racing Association (ASRA) finals.
Outside the “World Center of Racing,” there will also be numerous motorcycle activities to check out including:
• Monster Dash: The annual Monster Dash returns on Friday night, Oct. 18 where bikers will have the opportunity to take two parade laps around the Speedway. Tickets are $30 per bike and can be purchased in advance by calling 1-800-PITSHOP or the day of the event.
• Fashion show: The Hot Leathers Fashion Show will be staged on Saturday, Oct. 19 at 1 p.m. in the K&G Cycles Thunder Alley.
• Free Demo Rides: Motorcycle enthusiasts can test-ride the newest rides from manufacturers such as Yamaha, Victory and Indian.
• Vendors and displays: Bikers can visit with close to 100 of the nation’s top aftermarket product vendors or get an up close look at the cruiser and sport bike manufacturers and custom bike builders have to offer in their display areas.
• K&G Cycles Thunder Alley: Bikers can spend the day inside the K&G Cycles Thunder Alley where they can enjoy a cold Budweiser and great food next to the area’s largest vendor, display and demo ride marketplace. K&G Cycles Thunder Alley will also showcase entertainment, games and contests. Local musical acts scheduled to perform are Walt Kulwicki from “Those Guys” (Friday, 3 p.m.) and Southern Justice (Saturday, 3 p.m.).
• RV Parking: RV parking is available inside the “World Center of Racing” infield. RV Camping (with hook-ups) is available for $295 and RV camping (no hook-ups) is $175 which also includes two adult admissions for the weekend’s racing activities. Motorcycle trailer parking is $25. For more information, call 1-800-PITSHOP.
For a complete schedule of Fall Cycle Scene events, click here.
Tickets for Fall Cycle Scene start at $10 and can be purchased at , by calling 1-800-PITSHOP or at the gate. Fans can also stay connected with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for the latest news all season long. Fans can follow the latest on DAYTONA Rising, the $400 million frontstretch renovation at the “World Center of Racing” by using #DAYTONARising on Twitter or visiting .
To get more information or to register for the Team Hammer Advanced Riding School, Track Ride or racer practice, go to or call (951) 245-6414 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) Monday through Friday. Riders can sign-in/sign-up for the Team Hammer Advanced Riding School and Track Ride day on Wednesday, October 16 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
To get more information on the ASRA/CCS portion of the Daytona event, go to , or call (817) 246-1127.
To get more information on the AHRMA portion of the Daytona event, go to or call (910) 253-9738.