© 2017, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
As the wind gusted unpredictably under alternately cloudy and sunny skies, Troy Corser maintained his domination of qualifying, placing his Aprilia on pole by .35 of a second over teammate Regis Laconi during Superpole. Giovanni Bussei suffered the only crash of Superpole, losing the front in the downhill decreasing-radius left turn that leads onto the front straightaway at Valencia. Corser, Laconi, Colin Edwards and Neil Hodgson complete the first row in the provisional starting grid for tomorrow's races.
Superpole Results, Valencia, Spain
1. Troy Corser, Aprilia 1:36.193
2. Regis Laconi, Aprilia 1:36.543
3. Colin Edwards, Honda 1:36.630
4. Neil Hodgson, Ducati 1:36.659
5. Ben Bostrom, Ducati 1:36.813
6. Troy Bayliss, Ducati 1:36.843
7. Tadayuki Okada, Honda 1:37.096
8. Ruben Xaus, Ducati 1:37.104
9. Hitoyasu Izutsu, Kawasaki 1:37.157
10. Gregorio Lavilla, Kawasaki 1:37.263
11. Pierfrancesco Chili, Suzuki 1:37.288
12. James Toseland, Ducati 1:37.773
13. Robert Ulm, Ducati 1:38.128
14. Steve Martin, Ducati 1:38.259
15. Marco Borciani, Ducati 1:38.307
16. Giovanni Bussei, Ducati, crashed
Troy Corser on his pole-winning Superpole lap. Photo by Scott Fisher.