May 11, 2013
© 2016, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
eni FIM Superbike World Championship: Marco Melandri (33) in action on his BMW at Monza.
eni FIM Superbike World Championship
May 11, 2013
Combined Qualifying Results, Before Superpole (all on Pirelli tires):
1. Marco MELANDRI, Italy (BMW S1000RR), 1:42.883
2. Jonathan REA, UK (Honda CBR1000RR), 1:43.157
3. Sylvain GUINTOLI, France (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), 1:43.167
4. Tom SYKES, UK (Kawasaki ZX-10R), 1:43.521
5. Eugene LAVERTY, Ireland (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), 1:43.535
6. Davide GIUGLIANO, Italy (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), 1:43.623
7. Michel FABRIZIO, Italy (Aprilia RSV4 Factory), 1:43.849
8. Loris BAZ, France (Kawasaki ZX-10R), 1:43.961
9. Leon CAMIER, UK (Suzuki GSX-R1000), 1:44.090
10. Jules CLUZEL, France (Suzuki GSX-R1000), 1:44.466
11. Chaz DAVIES, UK (BMW S1000RR), 1:44.793
12. Ayrton BADOVINI, Italy (Ducati 1199 Panigale R), 1:44.823
13. Fabrizio LAI, Italy (Kawasaki ZX-10R), 1:45.704
14. Max NEUKIRCHNER, Germany (Ducati 1199 Panigale R), 1:45.855
15. Federico SANDI, Italy (Kawasaki ZX-10R), 1:46.179
16. Mark AITCHISON, Australia (Ducati 1098R), 1:46.523
17. Kosuke AKIYOSHI, Japan (Honda CBR1000RR), 1:46.631
18. Vittorio IANNUZZO, Italy (BMW S1000RR), 1:46.827
19. Carlos CHECA (UNFIT), Spain (Ducati 1199 Panigale R), 1:44.763
More, from a press release issued by Team SBK Ducati Alstare:
Checa's shoulder injury forces him to forfeit the Monza weekend
Monza (Italy), Saturday 11 May 2013: Carlos Checa and Team SBK Ducati Alstare have decided that the Spanish rider will not take part in today's sessions or tomorrow’s races at the ‘Autodromo di Monza’.
During the last week Carlos Checa has been receiving treatment for an osseous edema to the humerus of the left shoulder. This physical problem conditioned yesterday’s sessions, with Checa reporting pain in his shoulder. Overnight the inflammation worsened and early this morning, after consultation with both the doctors of the Clinica Mobile and Ducati Alstare’s management, it was decided that Carlos should not ride and should instead continue to recuperate in order to be back in shape in 2-3 weeks time.
Checa will therefore not participate in the rest of the practice sessions or tomorrow’s races and will concentrate on preparing for the next round, to take place in two weeks at Donington Park (UK).