Nov 5, 2010
© 2017, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
From a press release
Nemesis Traction Control System-TCS For Ducati Motorcycles Now Available
Boulder, Colorado, November 5th, 2010 Boulder Motor Sports, the Exclusive U.S. development partner and importer for Nemesis Traction Control Systems (TCS) is proud to announce we are currently building a U.S. dealer network to distribute Nemesis Traction Control (TC) to Ducati riders.
About Competition Systems Ltd TCS:
Using knowledge gained while working at the highest levels with sport bikes, Competition Systems Ltd UK has created a versatile 'plug and play' TCS with fully developed TC maps specifically for installation on Ducati bikes, especially those without TC as standard.
During these last two years we sought ways to apply the technology that is considered commonplace at a professional level to a TC system that requires zero end-user programming knowledge, can be retrofitted to a wide variety of bikes in under two hours, and yet still provide the level of control that is necessary to achieve maximum 'on track' performance for 'track day' riders and professional racers.
But just how good is it? Well the most used comment we hear when riders first experience the Nemesis-TCS is "it just feels like there is lots of grip" or "I don't really feel the traction control but the bike feels good" which is the way it should be, but this always leads on to more confident riding and then to improved and consistent lap times. Our unique power modulation strategy is constantly adjusting the engine torque without any noticeable sensation to the rider, other than this feeling of improved grip levels. Only if a significant and rapid slip event takes place does the Nemesis-TCS resort to cutting cylinders, but even this is controlled to be only enough to restore grip.
The TCS Kit is not complicated to install, simply because it's delivered pre-configured so all you need to do is plug it in and ride. No need to change your Electronic Control Unit (ECU), as it's compatible with standard and aftermarket ECU's, no need to design and manufacture brackets to suit your bike, and no need to chop into your wiring, it just plugs in and works.
Nemesis Traction Control Features:
* Intelligent control with nine levels as well as TC-Off. All available from the handlebar mounted push buttons on the fly
* Rider display showing the TC level and bar graph showing real-time TC activity and system internal and external functions
* Adjustment for wheel size and trigger tooth quantity. Kit provided with fully developed 'slip maps' for most popular wheel / rim sizes and bikes
* Intelligent slip correction response using one or more of the following to keep your bike in line
Â· Variable ignition retard provides a soft progressive reaction to modulate power
Â· Soft cut using only one cylinder
Â· Soft cut + ignition retard
Â· Pulsed irregular cut cycle to provide a longer tire recovery time without loss of forward momentum
* Internal sensors are able to determine if the bike is at mid corner or at any point during the acceleration out of the corner, vital for applying the correct slip control
* Unique wheelie detection strategies and 'virtual front wheel speed' makes TC possible even with the front wheel in the air
* Quick shifter input and pit lane speed limiter using soft cut technology
* Installation hardware kit as well as 'plug n play' wiring for each bike model
* Minimal user programming required via USB interface as we provide slip maps that have all been track tested for club or professional use, pre-loaded by the dealer
For more information about Boulder Motor Sports and Nemesis Traction Control please visit . For dealer inquires please contact Brian Sharp at 303-495-3416 or email@example.com