Apr 14, 2011
© 2017, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
The BMW Motorrad France 99 dominates free practice
The Bol d'Or, first round of the 2011 Qtel FIM Endurance World Championship, began today with a closely fought free practice session. The BMW Motorrad France 99 with SÃ©bastien Gimbert, Damian Cudlin, Erwan Nigon and Hugo Marchand took the best time with a 1'41.122 lap ahead of the Suzuki Endurance Racing Team of Vincent Philippe, Freddy Foray, Daisaku Sakai and Anthony Delhalle (1'41.435); the Kawasaki SRC of Julien da Costa, Gregory Leblanc, Olivier Four and CÃ©dric Tangre (1'41.702) and just ahead of the Monster Yamaha YART of Igor Jerman, Steve Martin, Gwen Giabbani and Bertrand Stey (1'41.886).
The Yamaha France GMT 94 Ipone of David Checa, Kenny Foray and Matthieu Lagrive is close behind with 1'42.549 and holds back the new official Honda TT Legends of Steve Plater, John McGuinness, Keith Amor and Cameron Donald (1'42.966).
The Honda National Motos and the Suzuki TRT27 City Bike made a noticeable entry in the top 10, ahead of some very experienced teams such as of Kawasaki Bolliger Team Switzerland and the Suzuki RT Motovirus Racing.
In the Superstock class, the Suzuki AM Moto Racing Competition set the best lap ahead of the Kawasaki Maccio Racing and the Yamaha DG Sport. Behind them are some of last year's contenders, the Junior Team Suzuki LMS and the Suzuki Team Motor Events Bodyguard.
The first qualifying session will take place towards the end of this afternoon on the Nevers-Magny Cours racetrack.
FIM Endurance World Championship
Bol d'Or 24-Hour
April 14, 2011
Free Practice One Results:
1. BMW Motorrad France 99 (Sebastien Gimbert/Damian Cudlin/Erwan Nigon), BMW S1000RR, 1:41.122
2. Suzuki Endurance Racing Team (Vincent Philippe/Freddy Foray/Sakai Daisaku), Suz GSX-R1000, 1:41.435
3. Team SRC Kawasaki (Julien Da Costa/Gregor Leblanc/Olivier Four), Kaw ZX-10R, 1:41.702
4. Monster Yamaha YART (Igor Jerman/Steve Martin/Gwen Giabbani), Yam YZF-R1, 1:41.886
5. Yamaha France GMT 94 IPONE (David Checa/Kenny Foray/Matthieu Lagrive), Yam YZF-R1, 1:42.549
6. Honda TT Legends (Steve Plater/John McGuinness/Keith Amor), Hon CBR1000RR, 1:42.966
7. National Motos (Emeric Jonchiere/Lucas De Carolis/Etienne Masson), Hon CBR1000RR, 1:43.271
8. TRT 27 City Bike (Jonathan Hardt/Camille Hedelin/Vincent Houssin), Suz GSX-R1000, 1:43.533
9. Bolliger Team Switzerland (Horst Saiger/Roman Stamm/Jerome Tangre), Kaw ZX-10R, 1:43.616
10. R.T. Motovirus Racing (Cyril Brivet/Frederic Jond/Emiliano Bellucci), Suz GSX-R1000, 1:43.695
11. Maco Racing Team (Jason Pridmore/Gregory Junod/Gregg Black), Yam YZF-R1, 1:43.955