Jun 23, 2013
© 2014, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
Barber Motorsports Park. Photo by David Swarts, copyright Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
Triumph SuperBike Classic/GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing
AMA Pro Motorcycle-Superstore.com SuperSport
Barber Motorsports Park
June 23, 2013
Provisional Race Two Results (all on Dunlop tires):
1. Joe Roberts (Hon CBR600RR), 17 laps
2. Hayden Gillim (Yam YZF-R6), -3.691 seconds
3. Tomas Puerta (Yam YZF-R6), -3.695
4. Wyatt Farris (Yam YZF-R6), -22.627
5. Miles Thornton (Yam YZF-R6), -25.315
6. Corey Alexander (Suz GSX-R600), -26.206
7. Ryan Matter (Yam YZF-R6), -26.565
8. Stefano Mesa (Yam YZF-R6), -26.603
9. Travis Wyman (Suz GSX-R600), -29.084
10. Kaleb De Keyrel (Yam YZF-R6), -38.754
11. Charles Weaver (Yam YZF-R6), -42.618
12. Erick Sanchez (Yam YZF-R6), -45.383
13. Conner Blevins (Kaw ZX-6R), -45.792
14. Gerry Signorelli (Tri Daytona 675R), -49.507
15. Mark Miller Jr. (Yam YZF-R6), -54.675
16. David Brown (Suz GSX-R600), -54.963
17. Garet Tomlinson (Yam YZF-R6), -56.563
18. David Sadowski, Jr. (Yam YZF-R6), -61.421
19. Max Flinders (Yam YZF-R6), -68.801
20. Ryan Max Johnson (Yam YZF-R6), -78.843
21. Daytona Anderson (Yam YZF-R6), -80.095
22. Matthew Petro (Suz GSX-R600), -80.386
23. Mark Windham (Yam YZF-R6), -80.634
24. Todd Cochran (Yam YZF-R6), -92.190
25. Jeremy Simmons (Yam YZF-R6), -1 lap
26. JD Mosley (Yam YZF-R6), -1 lap, 9.539 seconds
27. Donny Wright (Suz GSX-R600), -1 lap, 25.296
28. Ryan Haddock (Yam YZF-R6), -1 lap, 29.103
29. Kurt Miller (Yam YZF-R6), -1 lap, 38.826
30. Patricia Fernandez (Yam YZF-R6), -1 lap, 39.072
31. Norman Pomerleau (Yam YZF-R6), -1 lap, 46.974
32. Brandon Cleland (Tri Daytona 675R), -1 lap, 61.893
33. Edmundo Duenez (Yam YZF-R6), -1 lap, 70.181
34. Jamie Bishop (Yam YZF-R6), -4 laps
35. Curtis Murray (Suz GSX-R600), -5 laps, DNF, crash
36. Nick McFadden (Suz GSX-R600), -7 laps, DNF, crash
37. Alexander Guilbeault (Yam YZF-R6), -7 laps, DNF, crash
38. Sebastiao Ferreira (Yam YZF-R6), -10 laps, DNF, crash
39. Ronny Frias (Yam YZF-R6), -12 laps, DNF, retired
40. Devon McDonough (Yam YZF-R6), -13 laps, DNF
41. Cody Wyman (Suz GSX-R600), DNS
Provisional Supersport East Championship Point Standings (after 6 of 10 races):
1. Mesa, 121 points
2. Alexander, 119
3. Gillim, 86
4. Thornton, 67
5. Travis Wyman, 66
6. Blevins, 53
7. Miller, 33
8. McDonough, 28
9. Ricardo Valdez, 24
10. McFadden, 21
More, from a press release issued by Motorcycle-Superstore.com:
Roberts sweeps Motorcycle-Superstore.com SuperSport class in Birmingham
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (June 23) - Birthday boy Joe Roberts completed the weekend sweep of the Motorcycle-Superstore.com SuperSport class during the Triumph SuperBike Weekend on Sunday at Barber Motorsports Park.
Roberts, who celebrated his 16th birthday on Saturday, was strong out of the gate on his California SuperBike School/Roadracingworld.com Racing Honda and pulled away to finish almost four seconds ahead of second-place Hayden Gillim.
"I thought I might be able to run top five," Roberts said of his weekend expectations. "To come out to be P1 every session and win both races was definitely my birthday wish come true."
Despite building a big lead, the race was still challenging for Roberts.
"I got an OK start, much better than yesterday," Roberts said. "By the time I got to second, Hayden had built a little bit of a gap, so I had to work him down. I got around him around the outside."
The race for second was a tight one as Gillim's Team 95 Yamaha edged out Tomas Puerta and his RoadRace Factory Yamaha by .004-second.
"It was a really crazy race," Gillim said. "I was able to lead a couple of laps thanks to the good start I had. We made a couple of adjustments to the bike to make it a little quicker through the chicane, which paid off.
"I thought I might have a little something for Joe, but I made a little mistake and he went right by me around the outside in the carousel."
Roberts was able to create his gap as the laps ticked away, which set up the duel for second between Gillim and Puerta.
"I knew Tomas was right behind me the whole time," Gillim said. "I was hoping my tires would stay good and I'd be able to make it to the end of the race with Tomas behind me."
Puerta thought he had enough of an opening around Gillim at the end, but like at both Daytona and Road America, Puerta was nipped in a photo finish.
"It was a tough race. We kept up a faster pace than yesterday," Puerta said. "I was behind Hayden the whole race and trying to fix the small mistakes I made the last couple of laps. I thought I got around him for second, but once again somebody beat me at the line."
Up next for the riders in the Motorcycle-Superstore.com SuperSport class is the July 12-14 Buckeye SuperBike Weekend at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.