Aug 27, 2013
© 2013, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
From a press release
issued by CMRA
CMRA Endurance Series: Garet Tomlinson (1) on the Village Idiots Yamaha YZF-R6 at MotorSport Ranch, in Cresson, Texas. Photo by Linz Leard/NineSeven Images, courtesy of CMRA.
Village Idiots Back On Top With The Win in CMRA's 6 Hour Big Bike Endurance at Cresson
The Village Idiots team rode their Dunlop-shod RaceworX Yamaha YZF-R6 to a solid margin of victory at the Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association's (CMRA) 6 Hour Big Bike Endurance race this past Saturday, August 24. CMRA held its fourth round of Big Bike Endurance and Mini Sprint grids, bringing over 10 hours of racing action to the MotorSport Ranch course in Cresson, Texas. Stifling heat with very little breeze and temperatures in the low 100's, made track conditions fair, but rider's stamina would definitely be tested on the 1.7-mile counter-clockwise course.
The Mini Sprint grids ran the full 1.7-mile course as well and were an exciting warm up for the 6 hour endurance race, with Formula 4 and Texas Tornado Boot Camp Superstock E having about 20 entries each.
The 6 Hour Big Bike Endurance race had a combined grid of 27 teams, with classes including A Superbike, C Superbike, Formula 2, and Modern Classic Endurance. When the green flag dropped at noon, the racing was immediately exciting and competitive. The Village Idiots team of Brandon Cleland, Chris Headley, John Orchard, and Garet Tomlinson battled the Lone Star Track Days team of Brandon Altmeyer, Conner Blevins, Andy Galindo, Mark Niemi, and Eric Williams on their Kawasaki ZX-6R for the lead the entire race. The other fierce battle for third immediately shaped up between the Yamaha YZF-R6 mounted LocoMotion team and Desert Rats Racing on a Yamaha YZF-R1.
The racing was intense, with these four teams holding on to the top four spots for the entire race, despite any difficulties. The Village Idiots were very consistent, and gradually widened their lead over Lone Track Days. The LocoMotion team of Alonzo Contreras, Ryan Max Johnson, Matt Vastine, and Mark Windham got around Desert Rats Racing for third and went after Lone Star Track Days. The final 30 minutes was a nail biter, and some very exciting racing was shaping up. The Village Idiots held the lead, but Lone Star Track Days and LocoMotion were all over each other for second.
As the final 30 minutes of the race wound down, the Village Idiots stayed strong with a solid lead, but the battle for second came down to the wire. Lone Star Track Days turned a fastest lap of 1:18.379, topping LocoMotion's fastest lap of 1:18.631, making it a toss-up as to who would get this one. When the checkers dropped at 6:00 pm, the Village Idiots crossed the line for the win in C Superbike and the overall win. Lone Star Track Days held off LocoMotion, taking second in C Superbike and second overall. LocoMotion took third in C Superbike and third overall.
For a complete list of results and standings, please visit the website: . The next CMRA Endurance round will be a 6-Hour held on Saturday, October 5, 2013, at Texas World Speedway, College Station, TX.
CMRA SATURDAY SPRINTS
1. Britten Geary (Hon CRF100)
1. Tarah Lyttle (Orion OPBS-X3R)
TEXAS TORNADO BOOT CAMP - E SUPERSTOCK
1. Kris Lillegard (Kaw 250R)
2. Brad Thomas (Kaw 250R)
3. Bill Syfan (Kaw 250R)
4. Nick Doolan (Apr RS125)
5. Kasey Lewis (Kaw 250R)
6. Ken Ryder (Kaw 250R)
K&N MOTORCYCLES - JUNIOR MOTARD
1. Hayden Giarratano (Piranha ZTX90)
2. Makayla Benke (Yam TTR90)
3. Shaine Giarratano (Orion OPBS-X3R)
4. Kevin Bradford Nolde (Kaw KLX110)
5. Logan Roy (Kaw KLX110)
6. Otto Black (Hon XR70)
ROAD & TRACK SUSPENSION - FORMULA 4
1. Zachary Vonler (Kaw 250R)
2. Kris Lillegard (Kaw 250R)
3. Bill Syfan (Kaw 250R)
4. Nick Doolan (Apr RS125)
5. Ken Ryder (Kaw 250R)
6. Stephen Guynes (Hon RS85)
CMRA 6 HOUR BIG BIKE ENDURANCE
1.Village Idiots (Brandon Cleland/Chris Headley/John Orchard/Garet Tomlinson), Yam YZF-R6, C Superbike, 253 laps
2. Lone Star Track Days (Brandon Altmeyer/Conner Blevins/Andy Galindo/Mark Niemi/Eric Williams), Kaw ZX-6R, C Superbike, 249 laps
3. LocoMotion (Alonzo Contreras/Ryan Max Johnson/Matt Vastine/Mark Windham), Yam YZF-R6, C Superbike, 249 laps
4. Desert Rats Racing (Stephen Guynes/Rick Hogge/Derek Thomas/Greg Wanless), Yam YZF-R1, A Superbike, Yam YZF-R6, 229 laps
5. HCM II (Peter Castanik/Dustin Dominguez/John Haynes/Lyle Warner), C Superbike, Suz GSX-R600, 242 laps
6. Double D Express (Dewayne Davis/Danny Dominguez/William Guthrie/Alan Phillips), Modern Classic, Hon CBR1000RR, 241 laps
A SUPERBIKE ENDURANCE
1. Desert Rats Racing (Stephen Guynes/Rick Hogge/Derek Thomas/Greg Wanless), Yam YZF-R1, 242 laps
2. Toon Squad Racing (Chris Leggett/Jack Moss/Jack Pozin/Christopher Walicek), Suz GSX-R1000, 209 laps
3. TPM (Jason Pettice/Kevin Taylor/Matthew Taylor), Hon CBR1000RR, 208 laps
4. Big F Bomb (Dirk Anderson/Thomas Delaney/John Hutchinson/Brian Millsap), Suz GSX-R600, 26 laps
C SUPERBIKE ENDURANCE
1. Village Idiots (Brandon Cleland/Chris Headley/John Orchard/Garet Tomlinson), Yam YZF-R6, 253 laps
2. Lone Star Track Days (Brandon Altmeyer/Conner Blevins/Andy Galindo/Mark Niemi/Eric Williams), Kaw ZX-6R, 249 laps
3. LocoMotion (Alonzo Contreras/Ryan Max Johnson/Matt Vastine/Mark Windham), Yam YZF-R6, 249 laps
4. HCM II (Peter Castanik/Dustin Dominguez/John Haynes/Lyle Warner), Suz GSX-R600, 242 laps
5. Privateer Tools (Ulug Bayramoglu/Paul Coste/Sean Gurevich/Michael Humphries/Brad Kelly), Yam YZF-R6, 237 laps
6. ST II (Chris Fields/Kenny Smith), Yam YZF-R6, 235 laps
FORMULA 2 ENDURANCE
1. Team EDS (David Branyon/Scott Eichhorn/Darrell Ricks/Mike Sweeney/Shane Zelm), Suz SV650, 233 laps
2. GBaby Racing (Nicole Ayres/Rebecca Caudle/Jim Doyle/Jeremy Harvey/Theressa Riggs), Suz SV650, 208 laps
MODERN CLASSIC ENDURANCE
1. Double D Express (Dewayne Davis/Danny Dominguez/William Guthrie/Alan Phillips), Hon CBR1000RR, 241 laps
2. Sweeney's SV Service (David Branyon/Darrell Ricks/Mike Sweeney/Shane Zelm), Suz SV650, 233 laps
3. Team Three Cousins Cycles (Sean Brown/Britten Geary/Paul Mitchell/Steve Nance/Jeremiah Walker), Suz GSX-R600, 228 laps
4. Crazy Dog Racing (Weslie Eastveld/Robert Henriksen/Tristan Reeves/Mark Shim/Yorke Oldfather), Hon CBR600RR, 227 laps
5. Dallas Honda (Nick Chapman/Daisy DeSimone/Bill Klindworth/Larry Wise/Brian Millsap), Hon CBR600RR, 214 laps
6. FOX 2 (Brandie Cox/Marco Gismondi/Marcus Henricksen/Gary Welborn), Yam YZF-R6, 202 laps