Jan 27, 2011
© 2016, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
Yamaha ParkinGO Racing's Luca Scassa (9).
FIM Supersport World Championship
January 27, 2011
Best Test Times (wet conditions, all on Pirelli tires):
1. Luca SCASSA, ITA (Yamaha YZF-R6), 1:57.074
2. Chaz DAVIES, GBR (Yamaha YZF-R6), 1:57.474
3. Gino REA, GBR (Honda CBR600RR), 1:57.903
4. Sam LOWES, GBR (Honda CBR600RR), 1:58.303
5. James ELLISON, GBR (Honda CBR600RR), 1:59.115
6. Pawel SZKOPEK, POL (Honda CBR600RR), 1:59.906
7. Broc PARKES, AUS (Kawasaki ZX-6R), 2:00.106
8. Bastien CHESAUX, SUI (Honda CBR600RR), 2:00.907
9. Miguel PRAIA, POR (Honda CBR600RR), 2:01.331
10. Florian MARINO, FRA (Honda CBR600RR), 2:01.357
11. Fabien FORET, FRA (Honda CBR600RR), 2:01.392
12. Marko JERMAN, SLO (Triumph Daytona 675), 2:01.772
13. Vladimir IVANOV, UKR (Honda CBR600RR), 2:02.418
14. David SALOM, ESP (Kawasaki ZX-6R), 2:02.760
15. Mitchell PIROTTA, AUS (Honda CBR600RR), 2:03.194
16. Roberto TAMBURINI, ITA (Yamaha YZF-R6), 2:03.425
17. Luca MARCONI, ITA (Yamaha YZF-R6), 2:04.494
18. Alexander LUNDH, SWE (Honda CBR600RR), 2:04.854
19. V. YURCHENKO, RUS (Yamaha YZF-R6), 2:04.876
20. Oleg POZDNEEV, RUS (Yamaha YZF-R6), 2:09.980
21. Eduard BLOKHIN, RUS (Yamaha YZF-R6), 2:11.595
More, from a press release issued by Infront Motor Sports:
The Supersport World Championship riders suffered some of the same issues as the Superbike riders today, with changing track conditions proving tricky and inconsistent. Just before the rains returned in the afternoon session Luca Scassa (Yamaha ParkinGO) posted the fastest time of the day, a 1'57.074. His team-mate Chaz Davies was exactly 0.4 seconds behind and Gino Rea hopped up the order to third on his Step Racing Team Honda. Sam Lowes (Parkalgar Honda) was fourth today but is still fastest overall thanks to his first day dry time of 1'45.845. One more day of testing remains.
Times (Wed-Thu): 1. Lowes S. (GBR) Honda CBR600RR 1'45.845; 2. Salom D. (ESP) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'45.931; 3. Parkes B. (AUS) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'46.316; 4. Foret F. (FRA) Honda CBR600RR 1'46.415; 5. Davies C. (GBR) Yamaha YZF R6 1'46.594; 6. Rea G. (GBR) Honda CBR600RR 1'47.259; 7. Ellison J. (GBR) Honda CBR600RR 1'47.281; 8. Scassa L. (ITA) Yamaha YZF R6 1'47.365; etc.