Apr 20, 2013
© 2014, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
FIM Endurance World Championship: Suzuki Endurance Racing Team (1) was quickest in the pre-race warm-up Saturday at the Bol d'Or 24 Hours. Photo by David Reygondeau/www.good-shoot.com.
FIM Endurance World Championship
Bol d'Or 24 Hours
April 20, 2013
1. SUZUKI ENDURANCE RACING TEAM (Vincent PHILIPPE/Anthony DELHALLE/Julien DA COSTA), SUZUKI GSX-R1000, Superbike, 1:41.002
2. YAMAHA France - GMT94 - Michelin Yamalube (David CHECA/Kenny FORAY/Matthieu LAGRIVE), YAMAHA YZF-R1, Suprbike, 1:41.296
3. BMW Motorrad France Thevent (Karl MUGGERIDGE/Sebastien GIMBERT/Sylvain BARRIER), BMW S1000RR, Superbike, 1:41.353
4. SRC KAWASAKI (Greg LEBLANC/Loris BAZ/Jeremy GUARNONI), Kaw ZX-10R, Superbike, 1:41.992
5. TEAM R2CL (Dylan BUISSON/Guillaume DIETRICH/Gwen GIABBANI), Suzuki GSX-R1000, Superbike, 1:42.759
6. MONSTER ENERGY YAMAHA - YART (Igor JERMAN/Broc PARKES/Sheridan MORAIS), YAMAHA YZF-R1, Superbike, 1:43.608
7. NATIONAL MOTOS (Gregory JUNOD/Michael RUTTER/Olivier FOUR), HONDA CBR1000RR, Superbike, 1:43.829
8. MACO RACING TEAM (Denis BOUAN/Connor CUMMINS/Massimo ROCCOLI), YAMAHA YZF-R1, Superbike, 1:43.948
9. TEAM 18 SAPUERS-POMPIERS (Stephane MOLINIER/Lucas DE CAROLIS/David BRIERE), KAWASAKI ZX-10R, Superbike, 1:44.413
10. PENZ13.COM FRANKS AUTOWELT RACING TEAM (Pedro VALLCANERAS/Jason PRIDMORE/Hayato TAKADA), BMW S1000RR, Superstock, 1:43.874
More, from a press release issued by FIM Endurance Press Office:
77th Bol d’Or at Magny-Cours Race starts today at 15 hours!
This morning’s warm-up sessions for the Bol d’Or took place under an overcast sky with a chilly wind. The 51 crews went out on to the track for a few last laps and made their final adjustments before the start of this first leg of the FIM Endurance World Championship. The four fastest official motorcycles, Suzuki Endurance Racing Team, Yamaha France GMT 94 Michelin Yamalube, BMW Motorrad France Team Thevent and SRC Kawasaki, logically clocked up the fastest times in the warm-up, just ahead of Team R2CL with Guillaume Dietrich, Gwen Giabbani and Dylan Buisson, tenth on the grid and a machine to watch.
Monster Energy Yamaha YART, with a crew rejigged at the last minute, is in sixth. On the Austrian Yamaha, Sheridan Morais is replacing an injured Josh Waters in the company of Igor Jerman and Broc Parkes.
There was also a change of riders at National Motos. The French Honda has recruited Michael Rutter, released by the Brits of Honda TT Legends, to replace Thomas Metro, whose shoulder was hurting since his crash in free practice. National Motos will be starting in sixth position just behind Junior Team Suzuki LMS, best Superstock coming out of the practice.
Honda TT Legends will be starting in 12th on the grid but that is no reflection of the crew’s performances. Michael Dunlop, as fourth rider during the practice (and whose time did not count for the grid) was actually the fastest on the English Honda. He was therefore chosen to ride over Michael Rutter.
As the start approaches, all eyes are on the lowering sky as the weather forecast is for possible showers mid-day. The start will be given at 15 h 00.