Jun 15, 2013
© 2014, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
FIM Moto3 World Championship
June 15, 2013
Qualifying Results (all on Dunlop tires):
1. Luis SALOM, Spain (KTM), 1:50.782
2. Alex RINS, Spain (KTM), 1:51.108
3. Miguel OLIVEIRA, Portugal (MAHINDRA), 1:51.540
4. Alex MARQUEZ, Spain (KTM), 1:51.668
5. Maverick VIÑALES, Spain (KTM), 1:51.802
6. Efren VAZQUEZ, Spain (MAHINDRA), 1:51.952
7. Isaac VIÑALES, Spain (FTR HONDA), 1:51.966
8. Jack MILLER, Australia (FTR HONDA), 1:52.060
9. Niccolò ANTONELLI, Italy (FTR HONDA), 1:52.105
10. Alexis MASBOU, France (FTR HONDA), 1:52.299
More, from a press release issued by FIM:
2013 FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix
Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya - Decision of the Race Direction
During the Moto3 Qualifying practice at the Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya, Spanish rider Maverick Viñales suffered a mechanical problem with his machine and entered the pit lane exit from the main straight. In doing so he crossed in front of Italian rider, Matteo Ferrari, causing him to take evasive action. Maverick Viñales also rode his machine in the opposite direction in the pitlane exit. This is an infringement of Articles 1.21.2, and 1.21.11 of the FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Regulations.
Race Direction held a hearing with the rider Viñales and his team manager, where these facts were acknowledged.
The decision of Race Direction is to impose one Penalty Point on the record of Mr Viñales for the 2013 season.
No appeal was lodged.
The decision of the Race Direction is final.