Oct 19, 2013
© 2014, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
From a press release
issued by FIM and Dorna:
FIM MotoGP World Championship: Marc Marquez (93) was fastest in MotoGP warm-up Sunday morning in Australia.
UPDATED INFORMATION FROM RACE DIRECTION
Following further problems during the morning warm up we have been notified by Bridgestone that they are unable to guarantee safety of their rear slick tyres beyond 10 laps. It has therefore been decided to make the following changes to the MotoGP class race in the interests of the safety of the riders.
1. The race distance will be 19 laps.
2. Every rider will be required to enter the pits and change to his second machine with fresh tyres at least once during the race. In normal circumstances this means that the rider must change machine only at the end of lap 9 or lap 10.
3. No rider is permitted to make more than 10 laps on any one slick or wet rear tyre. This means that a bike/tyre change before lap 9 will require a second bike/tyre change to finish the race.
4. The above procedure is valid for a dry race or a race that starts in wet conditions. Clearly in a wet race the rider will change to a bike with wet tyres.
5. If the race is started in dry conditions and it then rains the race will be stopped with a red flag. The restarted race will be for the number of laps required to complete 19 laps but with a maximum of 10 laps and a minimum of 5 laps.
6. Riders using “Factory” and “Satellite” machines will be required to use the “hard” option tyre (B51DR). Extra quantity will be allocated by Bridgestone.
7. Riders using CRT machines will be required to use CRT “hard” option tyre (B50DR). Extra quantity will be allocated by Bridgestone.
8. The pit lane speed limit zone will be extended both on entry and exit, and the exit route to rejoin the track will be marked by a white line in the runoff area. Crossing this line whilst rejoining the track from pit lane will result in a penalty.
20th. October 2013