Aug 15, 2013
© 2014, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
FIM Endurance World Championship: Monster Energy Yamaha YART (7) in action at Oschersleben. Photo by Good-shoot.com, courtesy of FIM.
FIM Endurance World Championship
August 15, 2013
Free Practice Results:
1. Monster Energy Yamaha YART (Broc Parkes/Josh Waters/Igor Jerman), Yam YZF-R1, Superbike, 1:27.013
2. Suzuki Endurance Racing Team SERT (Vincent Philippe/Anthony Delhalle/Julien da Costa), Suz GSX-R1000, Superbike, 1:27.372
3. Yamaha France GMT 94 Michelin Yamalube (David Checa/Kenny Foray/Maxime Berger), Yam YZF-R1, Superbike, 1:27.537
4. BMW Motorrad France Team Thevent (Sebastien Gimbert/Erwan Nigon/Damian Cudlin), BMW S1000RR, Superbike, 1:27.771
5. Bolliger Team Switzerland (Horst Saiger/Roman Stamm/Daniel Sutter), Kaw ZX-10R, Superbike, 1:28.660
6. Team Louit Moto 33 (Florian Marino/Lorenzo Savadori/Emeriv Jonchiere), Kaw ZX-10R, Superstock, 1:28.867
7. Team R2CL (Dylan Buisson/Guillaume Dietrich/Gwen Giabbani), Suz GSX-R1000, Superbike, 1:29.008
8. Penz13.com Franks Autowelt Racing (Jason Pridmore/Pedro Vallcaneras/Steve Mercer), BMW S1000RR, Superstock, 1:29.047
9. AM Moto Racing Competition (Anthony Loiseau/Romain Maitre/Jonathan Hardt), Suz GSX-R1000, Superstock, 1:29.231
10. Team 18 Sapeurs-Pompiers (Stephane Molinier/Lucas de Carolis/David Briere), Kaw ZX-10R, Superbike, 1:29.360
More, from a press release issued by FIM Endurance Press Office:
The 8 Hours of Oschersleben gets under way
Top teams in clinch after the free practice
The teams racing in the 8 Hours of Oschersleben showed their true intentions in the free practice, giving a foretaste of the tremendous battle we can expect to see on the track in Germany this weekend. The Suzuki Endurance Racing Team (Vincent Philippe, Anthony Delhalle and Julien Da Costa) looked to have clocked up the best lap in 1’27.372, but the Monster Energy Yamaha YART (Broc Parkes, Josh Waters and Igor Jerman) shot to the top of the timesheets at the very end of the session with a lap in 1’27.013. The game is still on for the final result of this edition of the 8 Hours of Oschersleben on Saturday evening, but Monster Energy Yamaha YART have given themselves a psychological edge over their rivals and the pressure is mounting in the factory teams. In their wake, the Yamaha France GMT 94 Michelin Yamalube – taking advantage of this race to field Maxime Berger in the company of David Checa and Kenny Foray - and the BMW Motorrad France Team Thevent (Sébastien Gimbert, Erwan Nigon and Damian Cudlin) also chalked up laps under the 1’28 mark.
These four factory machines are ahead of the first privateer, the Kawasaki of Bolliger Team Switzerland (Horst Saiger, Roman Stamm and Daniel Sutter) with 1’28.660, closely followed by the top Superstock, Team Louit Moto 33 (Kawasaki/Florian Marino, Lorenzo Savadori and Emeric Jonchière) with a best lap in 1’28.867. Penz13.com Franks Autowelt Racing Team (BMW) and AM Moto Racing Compétition (Suzuki) make up the Superstock top three ahead of Junior Team LMS Suzuki, making its maiden appearance at Oschersleben after its Superstock victory at the Bol d’Or in April 2013.
Among the other teams in the top ten after the free practice are the R2CL (Suzuki) and Team 18 Sapeurs-Pompiers (Kawasaki).
The first qualifying session will take place this afternoon on the Oschersleben circuit in Germany. The second will be held tomorrow, Friday, at mid-day. The places on the starting grid will be based on the average of the best times of the three riders of each team taking part in this 2013 edition of the 8 Hours of Oschersleben, third round of the 2013 FIM Endurance World Championship. The race begins at 13.00 hours on Saturday 17 August.