Oct 19, 2012
© 2013, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by David Swarts
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
The Michelin Pro Series Sanctioned by ASRA overall podium at Daytona International Speedway: overall race and GTO class winner Shane Narbonne (center), overall race runner-up and GTU class winner Dane Westby (left) and Chester Auto Repair's Eric Helm Photo by David Swarts/Roadracingworld.com.
Michelin Pro Series Sanctioned By ASRA
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona Beach, Florida
October 19, 2012
Revised Team Challenge Race Results:
1. MOB Racing (Shane Narbonne), Suz GSX-R1000, GTO, 44 laps
2. Team Westby (Dane Westby), Suz GSX-R600, GTU, 44 laps
3. Chester Auto Repair (Eric Helmbach), BMW S1000RR, GTO, 43 laps
4. TPL Racing (Dario Marchetti/Jake Zemke), Duc 848EVO, 42 laps
5. MPH Racing (Melissa Paris), Suz GSX-R600, GTU, 42 laps
6. Team Venezuela (Jacquel Gonzalez/Rodolfo Ramirez), Suz GSX-R1000, 41 laps
7. Team Cohrs (Jim Cohrs/Mark Miller, Jr./Rick Johnson), Suz GSX-R1000, 41 laps
8. Prieto Performance (Patricia Fernandez/Robertino Pietri), Yam YZF-R6, 41 laps
9. McNology Racing (David McPherson), Yam YZF-R6, 41 laps
10. RnR Repsol Racing (Rick Beggs/Terry Taylor), Kaw ZX-6R, 41 laps
1. MOB Racing (Shane Narbonne), Suz GSX-R1000, 44 laps
2. Chester Auto Repair (Eric Helmbach), BMW S1000RR, 43 laps
3. Team Venezuela (Jacquel Gonzalez/Rodolfo Ramirez), 41 laps
4. Team Cohrs (Jim Cohrs/Mark Miller, Jr./Rick Johnson), 41 laps
5. Cycle Care Racing (Paul Decouto/G. Robin Davis), 39 laps
6. Dead Presidents (Jeremy Cook),BMW S1000RR, 34 laps
1. Team Westby (Dane Westby), Suz GSX-R600, 44 laps
2. TPL Racing (Dario Marchetti/Jake Zemke), Duc 848EVO, 41 laps
3. MPH Racing (Melissa Paris), Suz GSX-R600, 42 laps
4. Prieto Performance (Patricia Fernandez/Robertino Pietri), Yam YZF-R6, 41 laps
5. McNology Racing (David McPherson), Yam YZF-R6, 41 laps
6. RnR Repsol Racing (Rick Beggs/Terry Taylor), Kaw ZX-6R, 41 laps
1. GMB Now Racing (Clayton Fisk/Max Grant/Sean O'Sullivan), Suz SV650, 37 laps
2. 1023motors.com (Ryan Hobbs/Jason Carter), Suz SV650, 31 laps
3. G-Baby Racing (Nicole Ayers/Rebecca Caudle), Suz SV650, 28 laps
4. PM Racing (Jeff Puleo/Felipe McLean), Bim 1000, 25 laps
5. David Hanig (David Hanig), Bim 1000, 21 laps
6. Westside Performance (Matthew Daugherty/Andrew White), Suz SV650, 5 laps
More, from a press release issued by MOB Racing:
After last year's fuel miscalculation left PJ Jacobsen on the side of the track in Nascar Turn 3 on his pit-in lap and Shane Narbonne never getting a real shot on the track, he went out there this weekend with one thing in mind"¦REDEMPTION!
The team spent all week preparing the MOB Racing/Markbilt-powered Suzuki GSX-R1000 endurance bike for its final weekend of competition this week.
Shane went to Daytona full of confidence and it showed as he dominated the field, bringing MOB Racing its first win of the weekend!
"That bike was key to my success at Daytona 4 long years ago, now to have the SAME bike go back out there with Shane at the helm and dominate the way they did is really special to me"¦Shane's a great guy, I say it over and over because this team could not have accomplished what it has in such a short period of time without him! Now I can't wait to see what he does on the Ducati Panigale!!!!" says team owner Dennis Espinosa.
Thanks for this week's sponsors: Newsholme Financial Center, Designstar3.com, Motion-Pro, Markbilt Racebikes, Teterboro RAMS LLC, Trebour Motorcycles and Penske.