Michael Dunlop puts Superstock bike in Pole Position at Ulster Grand Prix, qualifies fourth on Superbike.
Michael Dunlop has secured Pole Position for Saturday's Metzeler Superstock Ulster Grand Prix race after becoming the only rider to set a 130mph+ lap in Thursday morning's qualifying sessions. He also qualified fourth in the Superbike sessions today.
Michael had set the fastest Superstock time of the week so far with an impressive 130.469 mph lap, but in the final seconds of Thursday's Qualifying 2 session he improved on his own best time with an outstanding 131.657 mph lap.
In addition, Dunlop set the fourth fastest time on his BMW S 1000 RR Superbike during Thursday's sessions. Michael used the time on the famous Dundrod circuit to refine the setup on his TT-winning bike, making a number of pit stops to adjust settings to ensure he has the best chance of winning at the world's fastest road racing track.
Michael will be taking part in tonight's Dundrod 150 Superbike race as well as the main feature races on Saturday in the Superstock and Superbike classes. For more information about the event visit www.ulstergrandprix.net or follow race updates via twitter.com/UlsterGrandPrix.
Ulster Grand Prix Superbike Combined Qualifying:
1) Bruce Anstey (Padgetts Honda) 133.163 mph
2) Guy Martin (Tyco Suzuki) 132.800 mph
3) William Dunlop (Tyco Suzuki) 132.045 mph
4) Michael Dunlop (BMW Motorrad / Hawk Racing) 131.683 mph
5) Lee Johnston (Pirtek Honda) 131.670 mph
Ulster Grand Prix Superstock Qualifying:
1) Michael Dunlop (BMW Motorrad / Hawk Racing) 131.657 mph
2) Dean Harrison (RC Kawasaki) 129.769 mph
3) Guy Martin (Tyco Suzuki) 129.605 mph
4) Lee Johnston (Pirtek Honda) 129.263 mph
5) Dan Kneen (Cookstown Suzuki) 129.197 mph
Thursday 14th August (roads close 09:30)
Practice Sessions & Dundrod 150 Road Races
Race 5: DUNDROD 150 Superbike
Saturday 16th August (roads close 09:30)
Race 1: Superstock
Race 4: Superbike
Race 7: Superbike