Mar 5, 2013
© 2013, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
From a press release
issued by FIM
FIM Conference of Commissions New appointments in the Commissions
At its meeting on Friday 22 February, the FIM Board of Directors appointed new Directors and new members in various Commissions. These appointments, effective as from the plenary session on the morning of Saturday 23 February, are as follows:
- Trial Commission (CTR): the new Director is Thierry Michaud (FRA). A former Trial rider, Thierry Michaud is a three times Trial World Champion (1985, 1986 and 1988), and was a member of the French Trial team that won the Trial des Nations on four occasions in the 1980s. A member of the Commission since 2010, and Director ad interim since last December replacing Dave Willoughby, he has been working as national coach in the French Federation since 1993.
- Track Racing Commission (CCP): Armando Castagna (ITA) has been appointed as new Director, succeeding Roy Otto. As a Speedway rider, Castagna took part in the Speedway World Finals several times between 1984 and 1993. (his best place being a fourth in the 1992 Pair Speedway World Final. A member of the Commission since 2006, he became a CCP Bureau member in 2010.
New members were appointed in various Commissions, as follows:
- Road Racing Commission (CCR): Franco Uncini (ITA), Carlos Requejo (ESP), Alfredo Mastropasqua (ITA, expert)
- International Technical Commission (CTI): Miguel Sanchez (ESP), Oriol Galliemi (ESP, expert), Philippe Ducros (FRA, expert); Steve Whitelock (USA, expert).
- Commission for Women in Motorcycling (CFM): Emmanuelle Clair (FRA), Peter Isgren (SWE).
- Commission for Tourism and Leisure (CTL): Damiano Zamana (ITA).