Aug 21, 2013
© 2013, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.
by Hayley Ulrich Zeidman
(This original, copyrighted material may not be copied, cut and pasted, published or otherwise reproduced in any way in any medium, which means, don’t post this on another website or BBS. If you want somebody else to see this, send, share or tweet a link or post a link to this page.)
Earlier this year, Roadracing World rolled out a brand new website with improved graphics, more videos, and, as always, the most reliable, accurate, and comprehensive road racing news and analysis available.
Within this new website we have created the Roadracing World Online Community, an interactive feature for racers, riders and fans to post photos, share results, get featured on the RoadracingWorld.com homepage, and take advantage of special offers and discounts exclusively for members.
Here are some tips to help maximize your exposure on RoadracingWorld.com -
1) Make sure you have a profile photo of yourself, your bike, or both - Profiles without profile photos or photos that don't have anything to do with you or your bike are automatically hidden.
2) Log in frequently - Profiles in the rider section are sorted by most recent login. The profile with the most recent login is seen on the first page of the Rider section.
3) Upload photos with captions - Many users upload great photos, but don't put captions on them. This makes it difficult to feature these photos on the homepage. Think of the 5Ws when writing your caption- Who, What, When, Where, and Why.
4) Create activity on your profile - An active profile, which lists results, has photos, and videos, is an excellent candidate to be featured on RoadracingWorld.com. Link your Instagram account to your profile and your Instagram photos will automatically post to your RoadracingWorld.com profile.
5) Have a great photo that you think should be featured or think we're missing out on your profile? Message us and we'll check it out.
6) Upload photos to your profile directly from your phone by using the Hookit.com ap or by linking your profile to your Instagram Account. All posts on your Hookit.com profile also appear on your RoadracingWorld.com profile.
Two riders that have excellent profiles are Ryan Short and Benny Solis .
If you don't yet have a profile, join now at . If you are already a member of Hookit.com, simply log into RoadracingWorld.com with your Hookit login.
Members benefits include:
-Your own Roadracing World Online Community profile
-Special discounts up to 40% off from participating vendors including Yoshimura R & D
-Free, 3-Month Trial Subscription to Roadracing World Magazine
Support us in creating our online community. We think you'll agree that it's a lot of fun, and it's a great way to promote and grow the sport!