Coca-Cola Zero 37th Suzuka 8 Hours
FIM Endurance World Championship
July 24, 2014
Free Practice Two Results:
1. F.C.C. TSR Honda (Kohsuke Akiyoshi/Jonathan Rea/Lorenzo Zanetti), Hon CBR1000RR, 2:08.215
2. MuSASHI RT Harc-Pro (Takumi Takahashi/Leon Haslam/Michael vd Mark ), Honda CBR1000RR, 2:08.335
3. Monster Energy Yamaha with YSP (Katsuyuki Nakasuga/Broc Parkes/Josh Brookes), Yam YZF-R1, 2:09.306
4. Team Kagayama & Verity (Yukio Kagayama/Noriyuki Haga/Dominique Aegerter), Suz GSX-R1000, 2:09.638
5. Honda Endurance Racing (Julien Da Costa/Sebastien Gimbert/Freddy Foray), Hon CBR1000RR, 2:09.695
6. Team Green (Akira Yanagawa/Kazuki Watanabe/Katsuaki Fujiwara), Kaw ZX-10R, 2:09.718
7. Yoshimura Suzuki Shell Advance (Takuya Tsuda/Josh Waters/Randy de Puniet), Suz GSX-R1000, 2:09.721
8. TOHO Racing With Moriwaki (Tatsuya Yamaguchi/Hiromichi Kunikawa/Ryuta Kobayashi), Hon CBR1000RR, 2:10.213
9. Honda Suzuka Racing Team (Takashi Yasuda/Daijiro Hiura/Taketsuna Morii), Hon CBR1000RR, 2:10.294
10. Legend of Yoshimura Suzuki Shell Advance (Kevin Schwantz/Satoshi Tsujimoto/Nobuatsu Aoki), Suz GSX-R1000, 2:10.625
11. TELURU & Kohara RT (Kazuma Watanabe/Tetsuta Nagashima/Shin'ichi Itoh), Hon CBR1000RR, 2:10.654
12. CONFIA Flex Motorrad 39 (Daisaku Sakai/Shin'ya Takeishi/Takatoshi Ohnishi), BMW S1000RR, 2:10.676
13. Yamaha Racing GMT94 Michelin (David Checa/Kenny Foray/Mathies Gines), Yam YZF-R1, 2:10.720
14. Patlabor Team JP Dogfightracing Yamaha (Takuya Fujita/Dan Kruger/Seijin Oikawa), Yam YZF-R1, 2:10.767
15. Suzuki Endurance Racing Team (Damian Cudlin/Anthony Delhalle/Erwan Nigon), Suz GSX-R1000, 2:10.964
16. Honda Dream RT Sakurai Honda (Jamie Stauffer/Troy Herfoss/Chojun Kameya), Hon CBR1000RR, 2:10.979
17. Honda Team Asia (Muhammad Zamri Baba/Dimas Ekky Pratama/Josh Hook ), Hon CBR1000RR, 2:11.067
18. EVA RT Test Type-01 Synergy Force Trickstar (Osamu Deguichi/Hitoyasu Izutsu/Gregory Lablanc), Kaw ZX-10R, 2:11.446
19. Team Tenmei Sakura Project (Hidemichi Takahashi/Akinori Inoue/Ismai Higashimura), Kaw ZX-10R, 2:11.839
20. RS-ITOH & ASIA (Tetsuro Iwazaki/Mitsunori Okamura/Masahiko Murakami), Kaw ZX-10R, 2:12.364
21. Bolliger Team Switzerland (Horst Saiger/Roman Stamm/Daniel Sutter), Kaw ZX-10R, 2:12.949
28. Team R2CL (Gareth Jones/Gwen Giabbani/Matthieu Lagrive), Suz GSX-R1000, 2:14.296
30. Monster Energy Yamaha - YART (Wayne Maxwell/Rick Olson/Tommy Bridewell), Yam YZF-R1, 2:14.376
More, form a press release issued by FIM Endurance Press Office:
FCC TSR Honda dominates at Suzuka
Great opening performance by Honda Endurance Racing
As was perhaps expected the first sessions at Suzuka were dominated by the home teams, but the permanent squads also showed their pace with the best performance in this group coming from the Honda Endurance Racing Team that includes Julien Da Costa, Sébastien Gimbert and Freddy Foray.
FCC TSR Honda who were the winners at Suzuka in 2011 and 2012, recorded the best lap with a time of 2’08.215 just in front of the 2013 victors, the Honda mounted Musashi RT Harc-Pro Team who posted a time of 2’08.335. Having featured in the Superpole Top 10 Trial in more recent years, the Monster Energy Yamaha YSP Team comprising of Katsuyuki Nakasuga, Broc Parkes and Josh Brookes took the third best time of the day (2’09.306) in front of the Suzuki powered Team Kagayama that features Yukio Kagayama, Noriyuki Haga and Dominique Aergerter (2’09.638).
The Honda Endurance Racing Team made a strong start at Suzuka. Julien Da Costa, Sébastien Gimbert and Freddy Foray delivered the fifth best performance of the day to head the list of permanent teams with a time of 2’09.695. The riders of the English based official Honda team had the luxury of topping a few of the more favoured teams such as Team Green the official Kawasaki entry and the Yoshimura Suzuki Shell Advance Team.
The other permanent teams are still playing catch up. Sitting inside the top 15 are the Yamaha France GMT 94 Michelin Team who are just ahead of the Suzuki Endurance Racing Team. SERT, the team who are current title-holders, are missing Vincent Philippe, who is still recovering from the broken arm he sustained at Bol d’Or. Damian Cudlin who joins Anthony Delhalle and Erwan Nigon replaces Philippe this weekend.
The Bolliger Team Switzerland (Kawasaki) and the Suzuki du R2CL team are currently in 24th and 29th places respectively and are in front of the Monster Energy Yamaha YART. Team Motors Events April Moto, winners of the 2013 FIM Endurance World Cup, who new to both the premier class and the Suzuka circuit have already acclimatised well and are just behind the Flembbo Leader Team. At the bottom of the table is the Motobox Kremer Team by Shell Advance who experienced mechanical problems and a fire.
The next practice session is scheduled for tomorrow morning with qualifying scheduled later the same day from 13.50h local time (GMT+9h)