AMA Pro Road Racing
GoPro Daytona SportBike
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
July 12, 2014
Provisional Combined Qualifying Results (all on Dunlop tires):
1. Jason DiSalvo (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:26.771
2. Jake Gagne (Yam YZF-R6), 1:26.906
3. JD Beach (Yam YZF-R6), 1:26.986
4. Dane Westby (Yam YZF-R6), 1:27.007
5. Jake Lewis (Yam YZF-R6), 1:27.151
6. Danny Eslick (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:27.238
7. Garrett Gerloff (Yam YZF-R6), 1:27.300
8. Jake Zemke (Hon CBR600RR), 1:27.860
9. Blake Young (Yam YZF-R6), 1:28.186
10. Tomas Puerta (Yam YZF-R6), 1:28.578
11. Bobby Fong (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:28.587
12. Benny Solis (Yam YZF-R6), 1:28.814
13. Bryce Prince (Yam YZF-R6), 1:28.822
14. Elena Myers (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:29.059
15. Tucker Lancaster (Yam YZF-R6), 1:29.308
16. Stefano Mesa (Yam YZF-R6), 1:29.377
17. Jason Aguilar (Yam YZF-R6), 1:29.378
18. Steve Rapp (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:29.532
19. Joe Roberts (Hon CBR600RR), 1:29.555
20. Kyle Wyman (Yam YZF-R6), 1:29.557
21. Chad Lewin (Yam YZF-R6), 1:29.661
22. Ryan Matter (Yam YZF-R6), 1:29.847
23. Andre Ochs (Yam YZF-R6), 1:30.109
24. Erick Sanchez (Yam YZF-R6), 1:30.683
25. Miles Thornton (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:30.711
26. Michael Barnes (MV Agusta F3 675), 1:30.734
27. Kaleb De Keyrel (Yam YZF-R6), 1:30.736
28. Sahar Zvik (Kaw ZX-6R), 1:31.530
29. Michael Gilbert (Yam YZF-R6), 1:31.702
30. Sean Dwyer (Yam YZF-R6), 1:32.179
31. Melissa Paris (Tri Daytona 675R), 1:32.756
32. Thomas G. Montano (Hon CBR600RR), 1:33.199
33. Garrett Willis (Kaw ZX-6R), 1:33.300
34. Roi Holster (Yam YZF-R6), 1:33.734
35. Peter Kemling (Kaw ZX-6R), 1:34.172
36. Michael Pond (Yam YZF-R6), 1:35.093
110% of Fast Time: 1:35.448
More, from a press release issued by Team Hammer PR:
ROBERTS LOOKS TO IMPROVE AT LAGUNA SECA
M4 SportbikeTrackGear.com Racing's Joe Roberts will openSunday's AMA Pro Daytona SportBike from the middle of the field following adifficult final qualifying session on Saturday at LagunaSeca.
The Team Hammer teenaged racing prodigy was unable to better yesterday's mark of 1:29.555 -- circulating with a Saturday best of 1:29.932 -- and slipped to 19th out of 36 on the final qualifying order.
As a result, the 17-year-old will open tomorrow's DSB final from the inside of Row 7.
"I don't know -- we just didn't have it today," Roberts admitted. "We thought we found something with the bike but I think we just found the limit of the set-up. “
Roberts won at Laguna Seca one year ago in dramatic fashion en route to his perfect debut season in AMA Pro competition. He'll attempt to tap back into that Monterey magic on Sunday and fight his way to a strong result.
"Obviously, we're going to try to get this bike going as quick as we can tomorrow. I'm just going to out and give it everything I have. I've started from the back before. I think I can get a good start and I'm hoping to get a good finish."
Sunday's 20-lap Daytona SportBike race is scheduled to get underway at 1:25 pm local time.
About Team Hammer: In 2014, Team Hammer, Inc. is competing in its 34th consecutive racing season, and is marking its eighth year of offering technical and logistical support through its Contract Services Department. Riders on Team Hammer-prepared racebikes have earned 59 AMA Pro National race wins; 135 AMA Pro National podium finishes; 5 AMA Pro Championships; 133 Overall National Endurance race wins; 13 National Endurance Championships and assorted other race wins and titles.
More, from a press release issued by Yamalube/Team Westby:
WESTBY BAGS HIS LIMIT AS
WOLVERINE SEASON OPENS IN CALIFORNIA
Monterey, CA (July 12, 2014) -- Dane Westby and
Yamalube/Westby Racing will start Sunday’s AMA Pro Go Pro Daytona
SportBike race from the second row after final qualifying on Saturday. The Oklahoman
improved his pace in Saturday’s sole session to jump up to fourth with a
string of laps that should make for a worthy race pace.
Never a great qualifier, "The Wolverine" usually saves
his heroics for the races, and the goal is usually to earn a spot on the
first two rows. Dane and the team were enthused after Saturday’s
sole session as he set a best lap of 1:27.007.
With less than ten
minutes to go, Westby briefly led the
session and eventually was wedged between two other Yamalube-sponsored
riders in JD Beach and Jake Lewis on the timesheets.
“I’m not really a qualifier, so I wanted more of a race situation,” said
the four-time Daytona SportBike winner. “Danny (Eslick) and I were hooked
up, and we ran around a little bit and, for sure, that helped me. The
second row start is fine. We’re all right there together. I was
pretty happy with the pace, and we were able to do 1:27 flats
consistently. There were a couple of fast ones at the end. I was
trying to build up to a good pace, and we feel really good about
“This may have been our best qualifying session yet,” said Team
Manager Chuck Giacchetto. “The team was very efficient, and Dane was
able to get down to business and prepare for the race and learn some
things. He did a good job of tying things together and finding the speed
he needed. We feel good about it.”
The 20-lap AMA Pro GoPro Daytona SportBike race begins at 1:25 local time of
More, from a press release issued by Triumph:
JASON DISALVO TAKES POLE POSITION AT LAGUNA SECA
Race Coverage and Results Available on AMAProRacing.com
ATLANTA (July 12, 2014) - AMA Go Pro Daytona SportBike rider, Jason DiSalvo of #40 Sportbike Track Time/Castrol/Triumph, beats out his Yamaha competitors and takes the pole position for the race at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. He secured the pole position with a lap time of 1:26.771.
"Hats off to the team on all of the work that's gone into this qualifying effort,” said DiSalvo. “All season long they've been developing the Triumph Daytona 675R and improving it all the time. The track here in Monterey really suits our bike and I'm excited for the race tomorrow!"
DiSalvo is the second Triumph rider to take a pole position this season since Danny Eslick, #69 of Riders Discount Racing Triumph, secured the pole back in March for the Daytona 200.
For more information, check out the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca schedule at AMAProRacing.com.
The AMA Pro GoPro Daytona SportBike 20-lap race will be held on Sunday, July 13, at 1:25 p.m. PST. For more information, check out the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca schedule at AMAProRacing.com.
Triumph Motorcycles is the British motorcycle marque that produces a wide range of sport, cruiser, adventure and touring motorcycles. From the storied Bonneville to the class-leading Speed Triple and Daytona 675R, Triumph offers a blend of design, character and performance that result in truly distinctive motorcycles. First established in 1902 and now located in Hinckley, Leicestershire, England, Triumph has always set the pace for category-winning machines. The company is solely owned by Bloor Holdings Ltd., and its North American operations are based in Atlanta. To see the full range of Triumph motorcycles visit www.TriumphMotorcycles.com.