Cameron Beaubier led the RaceFuelZ Pro Superbike warm-up session Sunday morning at the Arai Mountain Nationals, the finale of the GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Shootout, at Miller Motorsports Park.
Beaubier, riding his Monster Energy Graves Yamaha YZF-R1, lapped the 2.2-mile West Course in 1:27.442, which was 1.7 seconds faster than he went in qualifying and 0.5 second faster than Josh Hayes' pole-winning lap record time of 1:27.979.
Beaubier's lap time will not be counted as a lap record, however, as it was not recorded during a qualifying session or race, according to UtahSBA, the host and sanctioning body of the Arai Mountain Nationals.
Beaubier suffered a mechanical problem that cut his qualifying session short on Saturday.
Arai Mountain Nationals Hosted by UtahSBA/GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Shootout Presented by Yamaha
Miller Motorsports Park West Course
May 25, 2014
RaceFuelZ Pro Superbike Warm-Up Results (all on Dunlop tires):
1. Cameron Beaubier (Yam YZF-R1), 1:27.442
2. Josh Hayes (Yam YZF-R1), 1:28.687
3. Chris Fillmore (KTM RC8R), 1:28.837
4. David Anthony (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:28.990
5. Chris Ulrich (Hon CBR1000RR), 1:30.479
6. Daytona Anderson (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:31.528
7. Mathew Orange (BMW S1000RR), 1:32.544
8. Jesse Sherstan (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:34.358
9. Johnny Rock Page (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:34.848
10. Ryan Brand (BMW S1000RR), 1:35.291
11. Joy Higa (Suz GSX-R1000), 1:38.693
12. Michael Bradshaw (BMW S1000RR), no time recorded
13. Peter deGraaf (Suz GSX-R1000), no time recorded
14. Kevin Dolan (Suz GSX-R1000), no time recorded
15. Marcel Irnie (BMW S1000RR), no time recorded
16. Oleg Pianykh (Suz GSX-R1000), no time recorded
17. Erik Postnieks (BMW S1000RR), no time recorded